Low Progesterone but good heart rate????

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2011, 05:37 PM
ok I need some advice . Its for my Daughter. She has recently had 2 miscarriages Last was 1 yr ago . She Just found out she was pregnant 2 weeks ago. She had blood work then and her progesterone was at 11. and something the Dr called Blood Quat. was 215 Which is good .She told the Dr she loss the last baby due to low progesterone The Dr starter her on the pills. we went in Thursday for her first U/S We were able to see the sack due to her being to early. They did more blood work. Saturday she started spotting off and on. We went in today for another U/S which we got to see the little heart flutter. and there was a H.R of 112. But her blood work didn't seem too good to me . her blood quat was 938 but her progesterone was only 4.6. The Dr did more blood work today and said not to worry everything looks good that sometimes the level drops due to the body adjusting to being pregnant.
I am a nervous wreck ..... anyone had a low level with the end result being good ??????/
December 6th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Update: we was at the hospital last night . she started bleeding and cramping ( like contractions), the hospital said it was a threatened miscarriage. They gave her something for pain, her hcg level was 215 and her cervix was stilled closed. They sent her home with pain medication which she hasn't taken. This morning she woke up with no pain but still a little red blood. She has a Dr appt in a few hours . Please pray everything will be ok . even thou I know it won't
December 6th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I will be keeping my fingers crossed that everything turns out OK! I have no experience with low progesterone but just sending you guys thoughts and prayers!

December 6th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Thank you so much. We had a Dr appointment today and no heartbeat we just have to wait until her body passes it. In 2 months they will do a test to see if her blood clots . they seem to think it has something to do with the uterus and placenta. . also thank you and may god bless you.
December 7th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry...sending you and your daughter a big hug!

December 7th, 2011, 11:49 PM
n8tsmomma's Avatar Super Mommy
I am so sorry I went through the threatened miscarriage and low progesterone with this pregnancy and it was very emotionally draining. I had the progesterone shots 3 times a week from 4 weeks until around 23 weeks maybe a little longer. I hope they are able to find out what is causing problems and treat it. I have heard horror stories of doctors unwilling to do tests so I am glad that it sounds like her doctor is willing to do the tests. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search