New Here...looking for those who can relate

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 8th, 2011, 01:45 AM
mommy2noelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello ladies!

I'm popping over from the March 2012 DDC looking for some other companions on this part of my journey.

I am expecting a baby boy on March 6th, however, Tuesday I received a positive FFN test. Now I've done my research and talked to my doctor, and I know chances are still good that I will go to full term, however, with other factors, such as my shortened cervix and history of preterm labor, I just want to be emotionally prepared for whatever. To help reduce my risk, I am on limited activity and have been ordered to work from home until further notice (doc is thinking at least two weeks). I also have a 3 year old and SO who works in the evenings, so it is hard to take it super easy.

I feel a lot better than I did on Tuesday though, and my doctors are very proactive. I have had my steroid shots for the baby's lungs, am on prometrium, and got a script filled for procardia, in the event that I start experiencing and cramping, tightening, or back discomfort. My doc said I don't have to take the procardia around the clock yet though.

I have a followup appointment on Monday where they'll do an u/s to check my cervical length again (was 2.5 cm this Monday) and doc will probably do an internal to make sure it's not softening or anything.

So that's about it. Oh, did I mention that I'm also monitoring my blood sugar levels? However they did a growth scan and my baby is a perfect size, so that's great. If the tech's accuracy is as good as it was with DD, I'm comfortable with her 2 lbs 6 oz. Head's a bit bigger though. LOL!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

December 9th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! My son was born at 27 weeks 2 days and he is now a normal, healthy 4 year old. I hope you don't deliver soon, but if you do, just know the odds are good that your little one will be OK after a NICU stay. My second pregnancy went full term. I got weekly progesterone shots and had cervix checks via ultrasound every 2 weeks so they could make sure it was behaving itself. Have they talked about progesterone shots with you?

December 9th, 2011, 05:02 PM
mommy2noelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank you.

I have a friend who had her little girl at 28 weeks and she only did 6 weeks in the NICU.

I'm on prometrium, which is progesterone. I administer them vaginally at bedtime. They didn't mention the shots at all. I have an appointment Monday where they'll be checking my cervix again. I'm hoping it is the same length. So right now, I guess it's just a waiting game.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

December 14th, 2011, 08:37 PM
raisininthesun's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to raisininthesun
I had a positive FFN around 30 weeks, and I have an almost two year old at home... and they put me on bed rest but I made it full term. The weekly cervical checks can get annoying but they can catch problems fairly quickly.

ALSO, DD was born just shy of 27 weeks, and we were able to bring her home from the NICU on her due date.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search