We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
I took two prescribed drugs for both pregnancies that were not in the "no risk" category. I did a lot of reading and talked to a lot of professionals to make the decision to stay on them.
I have epilepsy, and the risk to my baby of going off the medicine and having a seizure was higher than the risk to stay on. Research shows the % of babies born with birth defects while the mother is on this drug is about 1-2% higher than the average risk. Still under 5% so I took that risk.
I also have Crohn's Disease. The medicine I'm on is too new to say for sure it's 100% safe, but preliminary studies say it is. There is a bigger chance of something going wrong if I were to flare during pregnancy. And my Crohn's (bowel disorder) would come back with a vengeance if I went off the medicine.
I also did a lot of reading and talked to a lot of professionals about breastfeeding while on them, and decided to do it.