Hope to be joinig prematurely :)

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 13th, 2012, 09:03 AM
THE angry uterus's Avatar TTC PINK
As in that I don't really need to join yet or maybe at all! I'm 15 weeks today and I have a history of preterm labor, +fFN, terbutaline, magnesium sulfate, procardia, and bedrest starting at 29 weeks with my last pregnancy. I delivered on his due date thanks to a scarred cervix that acted like a cerclage. The pregnancy before that I had a marginal previa that still allowed for me to deliver vaginally. I also tend to bleed after delivery so I am a risk for PP hemorrage.

Last night I was awoken by a nasty painful contraction. It lasted maybe 30 seconds - not long. After that the baby became very active. Maybe 5 min later I had another contraction, not as painful though and baby didn't react like it did with the other one. I know braxton hicks contractions are common during pregnancy, but I don't think women who have ever expereinced any of this understand the risks that although it could be nothing, it certainly could be the start of something. I'm worried also that now the scar tissue was broken there will be nothing there to keep me from dilating and delivering early this time.

Anyway, this pregnancy has been a bit difficult already. I had a lot of spotting at the beginning, I have a SCH that last I knew (11wks) hadn't resolved and really didn't look any smaller IMO (I didn't get measurements though). I also had a laparoscopy at 5w6d to rule out a tubal twin as my HCG levels were exceptionally high. (I now think the pain I felt was actually the SCH). I wonder/suspect if I did have a twin that never grew. I've had three ultrasounds now and baby seems to be growing well.

Anyway, just looking for a little support, understanding, and to talk with others who can relate.
January 13th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! I'm Beth, mom to Jim who was a preemie due to PPROM (he's now 4 1/2 and normal and healthy) and Maggie, who was born full-term in October. Though I haven't been through any of your specific conditions, I totally get the terror that comes with being high-risk after you've been through something scary in the past. I will be keeping my fingers crossed that the rest of your pregnancy is as uneventful as possible! Are you seeing a high-risk OB?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search