What makes you high-risk?

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome, Angelina, and congrats on your pregnancy! I've got a PROM baby too, he was born at 27 weeks. Fingers crossed that this pregnancy goes full-term for you!

Amy, wishing you luck with TTC!

February 16th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Super Mommy
This is my 4th pregnancy, the only one I did not have gestational diabetes with was the first. All the others I started to take insulin...THis time I have started to take insulin at 17 weeks....Also last pregnancy along with the diabetes I had placenta previa and had to have a c-section. I am not sure about the placenta yet as my ultrasound is on Tuesday....
February 27th, 2012, 10:40 AM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
This is my 3rd pregnancy, first one was PPROM at 34 weeks with placenta problems and IUGR (under 4 lbs). Second started PTL at 24ish weeks, on bedrest at 28. Had the P17 shots weekly from 16 to 35 weeks and ended up with another under 4 lb 36 weeker (IUGR and placenta problems again). Also I have hypothyroidism which was never under control with either pregnancy.

I just found out I'm pregnant on Saturday, so a first phone call into the doctor was today and I have my pregnancy confirmation Wednesday afternoon.
Caroline - November '12

March 1st, 2012, 04:28 PM
I have Factor V Leiden 2 miscarriage one SB nd on this current pregnancy I'm on baby aspirin, progesterone and I will have my second cerclage at the end of my first timester and I'm soooo scare right now, just hoping that this time everything will be fine!
March 5th, 2012, 11:15 AM
mommaof4andhalf's Avatar Mighty Midget Minion Mom
This is my 5th pregnancy with 2 previous c sections. I have a history of larger babies. My first was 9.9 and my second was 8.1. Not huge but they were on the larger side. My 3rd daughter, they realized I had a history of large births and tested me at 12 weeks for GD which I was positive.

They induced my labor with her at 39 weeks and after 24 hours they couldnt get my water to break or get her to engage. I had a c section with her and then was pregnant 3 months later with my son. Also a GD baby and repeat section.

This pregnancy has been nuts so far. I've had a bacterial infection which Im almost done with my meds YAY!, Low progesterone, random bleeding, of course GD. This delivery will also be by section.

-Chrissy. Momma to a teenage girl, a preteen girl, a little girl, and 2 boys. Straight Jacket Bound!!!!
March 7th, 2012, 08:16 AM
ldhopkins's Avatar Veteran
Hi, I'm Lisa. We have had three (though more suspected) losses, and recently found out it was due to having a clotting disorder (PAI-1). I am high risk due to that, type 2 diabetes and hypertension. I am currently at what I HOPE is the tail end of a chronic ectopic pregnancy, a journey that has lasted well over a month now. So hopefully next cycle I will start on Clomid, and my husband has been taking his Clomid (his sperm count is slightly over half of where it should be, yet we've gotten pregnant on our own at least three times?), so hopefully we will have another BFP soon

Lisa (27), wife to Jason (30), TTC #1

I am predicted March and GIRL

August 2010
December 2010
February 2012

March 7th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldhopkins View Post
Hi, I'm Lisa. We have had three (though more suspected) losses, and recently found out it was due to having a clotting disorder (PAI-1). I am high risk due to that, type 2 diabetes and hypertension. I am currently at what I HOPE is the tail end of a chronic ectopic pregnancy, a journey that has lasted well over a month now. So hopefully next cycle I will start on Clomid, and my husband has been taking his Clomid (his sperm count is slightly over half of where it should be, yet we've gotten pregnant on our own at least three times?), so hopefully we will have another BFP soon
Fingers crossed for you that you get a BFP soon!!!

March 18th, 2012, 05:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have Factor V Leiden also, but what will make me high risk this time around is IC- I hope and pray this baby stays healthy and the cerclage does the trick - I don't know if I can emotionally handle losing another baby :/

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

April 12th, 2012, 09:22 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello All - I've been lurking for a while and on the old ladies board (hehe). I thought I'd introduce myself, since I probably belong here.

I'm 5 years post cancer now and minus a few organs because of it, mainly a kidney. I'm also a life long Migraine sufferer and on daily class b meds for them. I also take class c meds when I get a migraine which is about 1 or 2x a week.

We've been trying for a short time and don't know what to expect. Good Luck to all you ladies and sending healthy baby vibes to everyone.
April 15th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Super Mommy
my son was born at 27 weeks in june of 2011 due to PROM, he gave us 5 days and passed on July 4th. I'm currently 11 weeks pregnant and being watched very closely.

April 23rd, 2012, 11:42 AM
Super Mommy
Hi guys,

I've only been posting in the Oct mom's board so far. I'm high risk I'm 38 next month, have Lupus, high blood pressure, and developed severe pre-e and HELLP @ 23 weeks. My lil precious was born sleeping. I had her October 17th of 2011 and will prayerfully have this baby October 17th. After this baby, I will be one of you saying "I'm done having children!" I will forever cherish my sleeping angel and will adore my new surprise all the days of his/her life, pregnancy is just too stressful for me! Nice to meet everyone!

May 5th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have been away from this board for a long time but considering another pregnancy so back looking around to remind myself what I face.

For me I am high risk because first born at 34 weeks, second plecental abruption and emergency c-section at 35 weeks, last pregnancy babies delivered at 32 weeks and one died before he even reached his due date. I have also had multiple early miscarriages.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my wonderful Siggy!
May 6th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Blessed.Life's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just stumbled across this board so i thought I would join

I am not high risk but my baby boy is. He has a two vessel cord and a pelvic kidney which means lots of ultrasounds and soon lots of non-stress tests!

Micah is due in about 12 weeks!! I can't wait!!
May 9th, 2012, 02:59 AM
New here but i imagine i will be on this board the most! Have yet to see too many posts closely related to mine unfortunately (and fortunately), could use some company!

This is my 2nd pregnancy which makes me high risk, I'm a type one diabetic and i have sch. If any ladies have sch please feel free to pm me! I assume you have pm's on JM lol like i said I'm new!
May 24th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Super Mommy
chimming in to add, recent events have put me on modified bed rest, spent mother's day weekend in the hospital due to bleeding, originally thought my water had broken ( just like it had with my baby Kristopher) but turns out my placenta is separating, being watched closely, weekly progestrone shots along with weekly dr visits and ultrasounds and cervix checks but so far baby boy is growing great!
Dee Darling 3 likes this.

May 25th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlingbabe6 View Post
chimming in to add, recent events have put me on modified bed rest, spent mother's day weekend in the hospital due to bleeding, originally thought my water had broken ( just like it had with my baby Kristopher) but turns out my placenta is separating, being watched closely, weekly progestrone shots along with weekly dr visits and ultrasounds and cervix checks but so far baby boy is growing great!
Oh wow! I hope everything has gotten better since Mother's Day! I'm so happy your water hasn't broken & that you are being monitored closely! I'll keep you in my thoughts & prayers!

May 25th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tanya~ View Post
Oh wow! I hope everything has gotten better since Mother's Day! I'm so happy your water hasn't broken & that you are being monitored closely! I'll keep you in my thoughts & prayers!

Thanks momma, I thought my water had broken when it happened but I barely made it back to my apt ( i was walking my dog) and my legs were covered in blood..very scarey for us. But things are much better, like my doc says..boring is good, and she wants boring for the next 24 weeks, so boring is what we are going to try and give her. We aren't out of danger of my water breaking but we are hoping that should it happen, it happens later in the pregnancy, 30+ weeks or so.

May 25th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm keeping you and your LO in my prayers. I hope nothing more happens.
May 25th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlingbabe6 View Post
Thanks momma, I thought my water had broken when it happened but I barely made it back to my apt ( i was walking my dog) and my legs were covered in blood..very scarey for us. But things are much better, like my doc says..boring is good, and she wants boring for the next 24 weeks, so boring is what we are going to try and give her. We aren't out of danger of my water breaking but we are hoping that should it happen, it happens later in the pregnancy, 30+ weeks or so.
That must have been very scary! I hope you have a boring remainder of the pregnancy

I'd like that too! I'm completely with you, except for me, I'm hoping this cerclage holds baby in till at least 30 weeks! I''ll be praying we both get to hold our precious little ones at the right time, healthy and happy

May 26th, 2012, 06:47 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi there! I'm new to the forum; my name is Mary and this is my 6th pregnancy but will hopefully be my third born. My first three pregnancies were a chemical, ectopic and a miscarriage. What makes this pregnancy high risk is I have a SCH that developed late in the first tri. I've been high risked out and I'm on a modified bedrest because the SCH is very large. I also had placenta accreta in a previous pregnancy and the perinatalogist told me told complicate things if we make it into the third tri. I'm really having a hard time with this, she told me I have a high risk of a very premature baby and I have two little ones to take care of. I also have Hashimotos disease and AMA which are adding to everything else. I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search