abdominal pain/discomfort

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2012, 04:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm now 16 weeks and its not constant and I don't notice anything that trips it but I've been having some abdominal pain which I don't think is related to round ligament pain. I know this is a silly question, but I don't think I even know what is normal and what isn't anymore...

Is this normal? The pain IMO is similar to (or the same even) as the pelvic pain I had when I was in PTL only that pain didn't really go away. I had it over the weekend a little, and again this morning (after my chiropractor appt for round ligament pain). I went and laid down, but it took a while for it to start feeling better. A little over an hour I think... I can't remember. I fell asleep, lol. I know, I know. I can also try drinking water, but honestly, I want to smack ppl who say that. It never helped before plus I think anyone who has a history or gets stuck with any sort of high risk pregnancy label already knows to try that first. Vent over. Sorry.
January 24th, 2012, 05:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Try timing it to see if it is regular...could be Braxton hicks?

January 24th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
definitely time it.
January 24th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't think I can time it. When I have it, it's just a constant pain that will last for a few hours or so then it goes away...
January 25th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
sounds more like RLP then rather than contractions. I know in my 3 pregnancies RLP has changed the way it felt.
January 25th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I would bring it up with your doctor...except your doc isn't the greatest, right? Have you been able to find a new one yet?

January 25th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Darling 3 View Post
sounds more like RLP then rather than contractions. I know in my 3 pregnancies RLP has changed the way it felt.
I wasn't sure if RLP could be through the entire lower abdomin but it seems like it could radiate... Right? When I feel it, it isn't one side or the other, its right in the middle, but I suppose it could just be both sides hurting and pulling so that it feels like it's just the middle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattlite View Post
I would bring it up with your doctor...except your doc isn't the greatest, right? Have you been able to find a new one yet?
Yeah, not so much. I've actually had a really hard time with doctors in general in Michigan. They ALL seem to suck, no matter what the specialty. The pediatricians, the OBs, the neurologists, I do really like my cardiologist... Anyway, its like there aren't a lot of them here and the ones who are... they just suck! They are burned out and not very theraputic. It also seems to me like they are rather inexperienced even though they are 'bout to retire! I had the best luck with docs in Omaha. Those docs were awesome, or maybe I was just too ignorant to know better... LOL
January 25th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Jamie, I really hope you can find a doc you like. It totally stinks having a doc who doesn't make you feel like you're in good hands! I loved all the docs at the perinatal practice I went to, which really helped keep me from being super stressed during my pregnancy. (It also helped that the one who ended up being there when Maggie was born was kinda hot. )

February 2nd, 2012, 06:50 AM
Crystal_Lynn's Avatar Ari and Zev's Mommy
Do you notice it more after activity or at the end of the day? This was happening to me and I was told that my uterus was tired. It sounds silly but kinda makes sense that after holding the weight of baby all day it might just freak out sometimes.

.My Pregnancy Blog.Last update: 01.05.12.

Some babies are born to soon and/or too sick. Arm yourself with knowledge, visit marchofdimes.com!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search