a queston about 'back labor'

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
On occations after long days at work, I would occationally come home and on my long drive home my back would HURT. It was a strange pain and nothing I could do would releive it (not that there is a lot one can do when driving anyway). The pain WASN'T in my lower back so I never thought it could be like a back labor or contractions in my back. It was in my mid-upper back, where the top of my uterus would be. (I was at 24-25 weeks by this time). About a year after I had my son, I heard that this could be back labor. I was really surprised. He was my fourth, I knew everything at that point, right?? lol

So, my question is, is that true? Can you have back labor in your mid-upper back?!
January 24th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Veteran
I don't know if it is true but mine was in my mid to lower back.
January 24th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
When I was in labor with my daughter I had the most horrible pain I have ever had in my life and it was in my mid back. It radiated lower, but the source of the pain was the middle of my back.

January 25th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
the pain I felt when I had back labor was lower back, but that depends on where you define lower back. I know the pain in my back was as high as my navel, so if you call that mid-back, then I had mid-back pain with back labor.
January 25th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I didn't have back labor, so I am no help!

January 25th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Mine was lower back. I had it during active labor because he was sunny side up, so it felt like it was right where my spine and pelvis meet up in the back. So I want to say no, but really, everyone is different. Could it have been a pinched nerve type of thing you were experiencing?
January 25th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Where I was experiencing it was above the navel just below or around the shoulder blades. So I guess it was more middle back... upper middle back...

This is just interesting to hear where those of you who have had it, did indeed have it. Now I really wonder if that is what I was having. Whatever it was, it REALLY REALLY hurt and there was nothing I could do to relieve it (esp since I was usually driving when I noticed it).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search