bleeding and u/s today.

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had some heavy bleeding this morning when I woke up, so I called and they told me to call the office when it opened (4 hours later...). At the time I called, I didn't realize I was also contacting/having waves of pressure like every 4 minutes... I wonder if I would have realized that if they just would have sent me to the hospital... Anyway, they didn't tell me too, but as we all know the routine, I started drinking a lot of water and laid down on my left side. The bleeding slowed to very scant and turned brown. At the appointment the did a pelvic with some cultures to see if I might have had BV or an infection contributing to all of this. Then I was sent for an ultrasound.

When I went to the hospital, they never gave me my water to drink like the office said they would so I went in on an empty bladder. Then a student did my ultrasound (which I should have just declined) and she took 45 min. I don't think students are allowed to tell us what's on the screen (well, the techs aren't either...), and I don't think they are allowed to print pictures either. So we get the tech in and she finishes the scan and I asked her for some pics, but she was like "I can't garuntee they will be good ones". Really?? Thanks for telling me you're just going to take crappy pictures. Anyway, they couldn't find an active bleed, but the couldn't find the clot either. The best news IMO is that the placenta isn't covering the cervix! Woo, hoo! Oh, the pics she took DID suck. One of them, lmao, looks like the baby's face is all deformed and melting or something. I called my mom and warned her before I sent it, but she still sent me a message saying "Are they sure everything with the baby is fine?!" lol I was like, I warned you!! The transvaginal pic was actually really cute though. Baby has it's hand up to it's face.

So everything looks good, but I'm still spotting/bleeding. I'm on pelvic rest for a month, and I'm still contracting and my uterus feels very tight. I go back in, in a week. I didn't have to have another rhogam shot, so that's also a plus!

January 28th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Not fun, but glad baby looked good! Did they do an NST too?

January 28th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No. They didn't address the contraction/irritability issue at all even though I mentioned it several times. I read that it's common to have irritability and contractions with bleeding like that though, so maybe they are thinking it will calm down. So far, I'm still really irritable, but the bleeding that started back up again last night has changed to brown and is scant again.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search