Can not control blood sugars... high blood sugars w/ high ketones and pregnant!?

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to megs_babe1986
I am 24 weeks pregnant....
I am a diabetic with hypothyroid also...
I been controlling my blood sugar with the Metformin and diet (which been workin)....
the last 2 weeks the levels were creeping up so I asked to be put on insulin also well...
the last 2 weeks even with the meds and insulin my blood sugar been high and I been doing everything to contorl them. I tried it with diet and even a lil bit more of insulin... nothing is working! Well now I also have very high ketones in my urine with high blood sugars! I have no clue what to do... has anyone else been through this? Another thing, I had 2 other pregnancies and had to take insulin during that time and I did not have this problem!
Thank you so much

February 13th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hugs! I don't have any personal experience with GD but I was going to suggest that you also ask this on our GD subforum, hopefully the moms there can give you good advice. Fingers crossed that everything turns out OK!

February 16th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Super Mommy
This is my 4th pregnancy, 3rd with Gestational diabetes and taking insulin....My levels are not that high...Only when I wake up fast in the morning and they are only 5.6 mmol..which converts to 100.8 mg/dl....Not high but here in Canada they want them under 5.3mmol fasting....So I I am up to 6 units of insulin before bed....
Have you talked to your Dr...Is there a high risk clinic following you....I am told to continue increasinf my insulin units by 2 everytime I have 2 days out of 4 5.3 or higher in the morning.....
Not sure why the insulin and meds are not working for you...Call your Dr. to find out what you should do....
Good luck....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search