Velamentous Cord Insertion

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MilaS

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 19th, 2012, 08:39 AM
I am currently 34 weeks 3 days pregnant. 2 months ago I was diagnosed with a velamentous cord insertion (luckily I don't have placenta previa though). Thankfully the baby is developing well. But now I have unfortunately also developed gestational hypertension. Because of that, my doctor wants to induce at 37 weeks or even earlier if necessary. I am a bit scared, as I have read that it can be dangerous to induce with a velamentous cord insertion. Something about the possible rupture of vessels that could lead to bleeding and could therefore endanger the baby. My doctor told me that it's save to induce and that they will monitor the baby very closely. I would prefer a vaginal birth as opposed to a cesarean section, but in the end all I really care about is the well-being of my baby. Did anybody go through the same situation? Any info would be highly appreciated!
March 19th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't have any information for you, but just wanted to offer

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

March 20th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I also don't know anything about velamentous cord insertions but just wanted to say I hope the delivery goes as smoothly as possible...keep us posted!

March 20th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Thank you guys, I really appreciate the support! All the best to you!
March 20th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not sure about the safety of inducing with that complication. I know with the previa I had they made me have a c-section. I think that you have a great outlook about it though, always wanting what is best for both momma and baby is the most important thing. Does your Dr know that you are ok with a c-section if it is necessary?
Big hugs!!!

May 2010- Kennedi

Oct 2012-Everly

4 angel babies watching over us.

March 21st, 2012, 08:59 PM
Super Mommy
I was not aware of what this condition was so I went and researched it....One thing they say is if the vessels are close to the cervix, the baby would be delivered via c-section....
Here is the link to the info I read about it...

Velamentous cord insertion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I hope all goes well for you and the baby.....Keep us posted and ask the Dr. all the questions you need to make sure you and baby are kept healthy. And if c-section is the way to go, then go for it. I know it is not always what we want...I had 2 vaginal births and then the third I had placenta previa that never resolved itself and I had to have a c-section and I was really upset at first...Then I was scared, and in the end I had a healthy baby girl who is 18 months now...And I am pregnant with my 4th now....:-)
March 22nd, 2012, 07:26 AM
Thanks a lot for the info. I talked to my doc again and she reassured me that in my case a vaginal birth shouldn't be an issue (the vessels are not close to the cervix). She will keep a close eye on the baby and if needed she will do an emergency c-section...she doesn't think that will happen though. Good luck for your pregnancies!!!
Starr33 likes this.

Tags
cesarean section , labor induction , ruptured vessels , velamentous cord

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search