New here as well

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have been lurking for a while. I am currently 24 weeks (well tomorrow will be 24 weeks) pregnant with my 3rd kiddo (second boy). My first son was diagnosed with two congenital heart defects (Ebstein's anomaly and pulmonary stenosis) when I was 27 weeks pregnant. I went into preterm labor with him at 34 weeks and had him at 36. He has had several procedures but is stable right now (still more surgeries ahead). My second son (pregnant with now) has also been diagnosed with heart abnormalities and enlarged kidneys. We are waiting for future fetal echos and u/s's to determine how severe these will be at birth. And since I had my first kiddo (my daughter) at 36 weeks, I am on weekly progesterone shots to help keep off preterm labor.
April 6th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
:wecome: and

I hope the heart and kidney problems resolve themselves before birth.
April 9th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! I was on the progesterone shots with my daughter, they worked so well that she was a few days overdue. Fingers crossed that you get good news at your next fetal echo!

April 9th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattlite View Post
Welcome! I was on the progesterone shots with my daughter, they worked so well that she was a few days overdue. Fingers crossed that you get good news at your next fetal echo!

I'll stop taking the shots at 36 weeks. When did you stop yours? I go to the OB tomorrow for a regular visit. I need to ask her about one of the injection sites (they rotate between right and left butt/hip area). The right side has a small lump and it is itchy and driving me crazy. Did you ever get that?
April 9th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!!

Praying all goes well at the future fetal echos...

I will be on P17 shots as well this pregnancy, but not too sure when they will start them.

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

April 9th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tanya~ View Post
Welcome!!

Praying all goes well at the future fetal echos...

I will be on P17 shots as well this pregnancy, but not too sure when they will start them.
My OB said they like to start them around 16-18 weeks so you have a few more weeks til you have to start.
April 10th, 2012, 05:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That's good to know! I go this morning for my first "routine" appointmetn, so I'm sure we'll discuss it today! I'm glad I still have many weeks before that - having to give myself Lovenox injections everyday... It will be nice to have some time before I have to have those once a week!

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

April 10th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
YOu don't give the 17P shot yourself. It is intermuscular. So either your SO/DH/family member gives it or you go in weekly for the shot. It is a thick injection so it isn't too comfortable and definitely not subcu like most injections you take.
April 12th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! When will they do the first echo? I hope it brings good news!

April 13th, 2012, 06:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by emsketch View Post
Welcome! When will they do the first echo? I hope it brings good news!
I had my first level two about 6 weeks ago and that is when they noticed the anatomy of the heart was a bit off. My first echo was two weeks ago and that is when they noticed the abnormality in his tricuspid valve. I will be going back in about two weeks for a follow up to see how his heart and kidneys are doing.
April 13th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherOnTheWay View Post
I'll stop taking the shots at 36 weeks. When did you stop yours? I go to the OB tomorrow for a regular visit. I need to ask her about one of the injection sites (they rotate between right and left butt/hip area). The right side has a small lump and it is itchy and driving me crazy. Did you ever get that?
I had my last one at 36 weeks too. Yep, I got lumps from the shots sometimes. I had them done at the doc's office since I worked 10 blocks away from the,, so it was easy to pop up there at lunchtime for a shot. Anyway, some of nurses left a lump, and some didn't.

April 13th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattlite View Post
I had my last one at 36 weeks too. Yep, I got lumps from the shots sometimes. I had them done at the doc's office since I worked 10 blocks away from the,, so it was easy to pop up there at lunchtime for a shot. Anyway, some of nurses left a lump, and some didn't.

Turns out my bump was more of a lump and due to me being allergic to the binder in the shot (castor oil). I also had severe itching from it. So they are changing it over to a different oil and hopefully it should make it better. My OB mentioned this week that she had a lot of patient go over their due date with the 17P, even those who were severely at risk for early delivery.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search