In remisson from cancer and expecting my first.

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 13th, 2005, 06:54 PM
Well I just thought I'd toss my hat in.
I've been in remisson from CML for about three years but was still on my drugs to keep it that way. So that puts me in the High Risk becuase I go off the meds keeping the cancer gone to have the baby, allowing the cancer a window to sneak back if it wants.
It's alittle scary, I was happy to find this site.
There is also the one month I was still on my meds before I knew the little one was there. Gleevec does bad things to rats babies but no one knows what it realy does to people babies.
Hopeing the drugs left the baby alone.

I'm only 6 or 7 weeks along and so far my biggest complaint is realy realy sore boobs. *prays it stays that way* but I have monthly trips to the Doc to get my cancer counts checked and I'll post those results as they come in.

Remember, there is always research going on, there is always hope!
Most important... if your Doctor for you and your babies special needs doesn't make you feel that hope, your the boss!! Get referals to others that make you feel that hope and never be compleatly satisfied with the words "Thats all we can do."
Doing this cancer thing for four years and thats my best advice to us all.

Emy
April 14th, 2005, 09:41 PM
teacherinlove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally posted by Anninflux@Apr 13 2005, 05:54 PM
Most important... if your Doctor for you and your babies special needs doesn't make you feel that hope, your the boss!!* Get referals to others that make you feel that hope and never be compleatly satisfied with the words "Thats all we can do."

<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

I believe 100% in that. I was at another doctor and when they diagnosed be as high risk @ 19weeks the doctor basicly said, "Prepare yourself for the babies death" enough said there, I switched doctors ASAP and two months later everything is 100% positive. I am still high risk but its not the stress it once was..

On another note, I just had my maternity orentation at the hospital and the lady running the presentation is a breast cancer survivor. Four years into her remission after never planning on being able to have children she became pregnant and now has a four year old son.. What a story.

With God, if theres a will theres a way. He has a purpose and a plan for everyone.

~Marissa~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search