High blood pressure & having to do a 24 hour urine test???

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Dee Darling 3
  • 1 Post By emsketch

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2012, 04:56 PM
MamaMiaxo's Avatar TTC PiNK
When I went to the doctors, they took my blood pressure and it was 140 over 80, before I got pregnant I use to have low blood pressure and now the doctor is saying I have high BP..He told me I was low risk according to my all my tests before, but after he said that he had me take a container home and collect urine in it for 24 hours and when brought it back the nurse had me do another blood test...And I dropped it off last friday and the DR hasn't called me back yet..Is this very serious?? Has anyone else had to do this before??

Thank you!
April 25th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It can be serious. I would give the dr's office a call to inquire about the results of the 24 hour collection. I know several ladies in my PR that did the 24 hour collection multiple times. I believe the test is looking for protein in your urine, and how much there is. They get concerned when the protein starts to spill in the urine and is at high levels. I would think if your results showed this, you would have been called. I'd still call though to double check.

Good luck and let us know what happened.
MamaMiaxo likes this.
April 26th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ditto Dee. I have developed pre-e with both of my pregnancies and have done a load of 24 hour urine tests. Doing one this early in the pregnancy they are probably trying to get a baseline to gage later 24 hours urine tests against should they need to do them. I had one done early on in my 2nd pregnancy because of my history of pre-e. I would give them a call. Usually no news is good news, but I would have to know what the results were!
MamaMiaxo likes this.

April 30th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had severe HELLP with my first pregnancy causing me to have my twins at 28 weeks. This pregnancy I did one baseline 24 hour urine collection for protein. I had a high bp reading at 24 weeks so they did another one and it came back good. I would call but no news probably means your fine.
August 3rd, 2012, 06:49 AM
Regular
Don't be panic, the test will only help you know what other conditions you might be encountering today. It's not that too serious.
August 3rd, 2012, 11:35 AM
MBPhotoBug's Avatar Member
Just realized how old this is. Deleted post! LOL

Last edited by MBPhotoBug; August 3rd, 2012 at 11:40 AM.
September 25th, 2012, 05:16 AM
this urine test is just to check if protein is leaking in body comes in urine, so that doctors can give medications to control on this situation, it could be dangerous if protein in urine is more than 5gm daily.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search