anyone with chronic hypertension before pregnancy?

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 16th, 2012, 01:03 PM
luvmybaby03's Avatar Regular
just wanted someone to chat with i have had hypertension for 8 years now, im currently 19weeks 5days prego..
May 16th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have been treated for hypertension since the age of 10. When I was pregnant they switched my bp meds to a pregnancy friendly one, did a baseline 24 hour urine early in the pregnancy and just kept an eye on my bp. I was being seen evey 2 weeks at the OB for other complications. I was also keeping an eye on my bp myself. I ended up with pre-e at the end of both pregnancies. My daughter was delivered at 37 weeks and my son at 39w1d. They adjusted my bp med dosage a few times during the pregnancies, but that was about it. I hope you have an uneventful pregnancy!

May 16th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations on your pregnancy. Unfortunately I don't have any experience with hypertension. I hope you have a healthy, uneventful pregnancy. Feel free to hang out with us too. We always like company.
May 16th, 2012, 07:53 PM
luvmybaby03's Avatar Regular
thanks everyone.. i didnt have the bp problems with my first pregnancy so this is all new.. they did change my bp meds to a pregnancy friendly one i take 400mg right now.., just nervous that i will deliver to early, trying to exercise and eat healthy hoping that helps..
May 16th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Veteran
I did. Early pg I had to half my dose cause I was low. Mid pg I was so low I was fainting and having other complications because of it. Now I'm not on any bp meds and it is better than it ever was! It doesn't make sense to my drs either but I'll take whatever I can.

They made sure I was on pg friendly meds and I have ultrasounds more frequently and go on weekly appts sooner.
May 20th, 2012, 10:54 PM
Hey feel on that I have hypertension since I was 23 years old since my first pregnancy the put through 24 hr urine and blood sugar test the blood sugar come out normal but my bp was preclampsia all through my pregnancies from my first to my very last who I am carrying now and the dr. is keeping a close eye on me since I'm 38 years old I just 19 weeks and 1 day today. Than they got me a bp monitor for and a visiting nurse that comes in to check my bp and the baby heart beat so much going on. I know how you feel.
June 6th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Super Mommy
I was just about to post this same question. I've had hypertension for the last 7 years. I eat healthy and try to excercise regularly. I just switched to labetalol but my bp, which was low last week on my old meds, was high today. So I am going to the doctor in the morning. Hopefully this will be a successful pregnancy. I've never had to deal with this during pregnancy before.
Gavyn & Kendric - 8
Joseph - 18 months
Step-mom to:
Kiersten - 8
August 3rd, 2012, 07:35 AM
Regular
Hello. I am wondering if your hypertension is disturbing you today while you are pregnant. Please,please, be careful.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search