Hi y'all!

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 7th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Chatterbox's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi. I'm Tami and am currently 12 weeks pregnant. I am told I will be high risk this pregnancy. Our son was born prematurely at 31 weeks and spent quite some time in the NICU. My placenta stopped somewhere around 24 weeks and it's some miracle he made it to 31 when we realized something was REALLY wrong.

This pregnancy was quite a surprise, even more so because it took two IUI's to get our little guy. After my son was born I tested for elevated levels of Factor VIII and beta 2 glycoprotein 1gA.

I am currently taking 30mg of Lovenox daily, Metformin, Glyburide, Nexium, Carafate, Synthroid, prenatals, and progesterone suppositories. I check my blood sugar about four times a day.

I go for my NT scan on Monday and a follow up with my OB and then I see the perinatologist for the first time on Friday.

Any advice or questions that you think I should be thinking about? I really doubt I'll make it to term, but am hoping for the best.

I look forward to getting to know y'all.

-Tami

July 7th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Super Mommy
Hi Tami! I'm Audrey. I just "met" you in the January ddc. Glad to see you in here too. It's nice to have a few familiar names.
My daughter was born at 27 weeks because of placental abruption and my son was born at 35 weeks because of premature rupture of membranes and placental insufficiency. This pregnancy I'm carrying identical twins with one placenta and was just diagnosed with stage one twin to twin transfusion syndrome. I'm hoping to make it past 30 weeks this time.
Anyway I'm looking forward to getting to know you better and praying for a long and healthy pregnancy for you and your baby!
~Mother of Miracles

July 11th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Tami and welcome.
I am Liz, mom to 2 little ones and my pregnancies are high risk due to FVL and a history of clots. I was on Lovenox during both of my pregnancies.
It seems like you and your doc are being very proactive about things. I hope that you have a happy and healthy pregnancy!

July 19th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi!

I don't pop in here as often as I should, but wanted to say welcome

I'm Tanya & am high risk for multiple reasons, the most unpredictable being IC. I was diagnosed with that two years ago, so this time around I had a preventative cerclage placed at @14 weeks. I am currently on bed rest because my CL began to decrease.

Wish you a happy & healthy pregnancy!!!

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search