-what has made your pregnancy-

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2006, 05:31 PM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm high risk because of 2 previous m/c's. One was an early m/c, the second was at 16 weeks for unknown causes. I'm now bleeding again and praying that I won't lose this one too...

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.
August 17th, 2006, 08:57 AM
MommasLilFroggy's Avatar Member
Send a message via AIM to MommasLilFroggy
Quote:
I'm 35 weeks pregnant, and considered high risk due to IUGR. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow for another growth study ultrasound. If she didn't grow much, I will be getting induced very soon.[/b]

When I was pregnant with my son, I was high risk. First because at six weeks pregnant, I started bleeding. Then, at 15 weeks pregnant, I was told my son might have downs syndrome because if the triple screen. Then, at around 32-34 weeks, I went into preterm labor.. they had to keep me on magnesium for two days and give me steriods to mature his lungs. I was never put on bedrest, though. I did get alot of ultrasounds, though. I must have gotten like 12 of them(pics) and around 16 u/s dates because they wanted to check for any signs of ds. Which, he doesnt have. I gave birth to a healthy, chunky baby at 37 weeks. =)
August 19th, 2006, 02:58 PM
elmwolfe's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via ICQ to elmwolfe Send a message via AIM to elmwolfe Send a message via Yahoo to elmwolfe
My NP told me that when I get pregnant(now) I will be high risk because of my HBP and age(35). Don't know any other complications yet as this is my first pregnancy...but I was a preemie at 28 weeks. I'm sure that will come into play somewhere.

August 29th, 2006, 10:47 PM
Veteran
when I was preg with my daughter I was high risk b/c i had seizures so im hoping with this one I wont have any at all.
Terra

September 9th, 2006, 06:52 AM
CAgirlintexas's Avatar Super Mommy
I am high risk becuase I have PCOS, Placenta previa and now they have found a cyst on the babies brain and something wrong with its kidneys. THey are doing further testing right now. I have level two ultrasound scheduled on tuesday and we will take it from there.
September 13th, 2006, 11:06 PM
Regular
I am high risk because I am carring twins and have went into preterm labor at 21 weeks

Kalie Elizabeth is

Amy and Chris
September 30th, 2006, 05:26 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
I'm high risk because i lost my daughter due to Turners Syndrome at 14+6 weeks

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

October 1st, 2006, 12:11 PM
CherryFrog1926's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to CherryFrog1926 Send a message via Yahoo to CherryFrog1926
I'm at high risk due to loosing my first at 18 weeks, my second pre-term labor starting at 28 weeks and kept going all through pregnancy tell delivery at 38 weeks due to high blood pressure. 2nd pre-term labor starting at 28 weeks hospitalized (suppsedto be tell deleivery but let go after 2 week) on mag and trib the whold stay stroids to develope his lungs and put on a mag pump to go home and full bed rest with a nurse coeming twice a day for the rest of my pregnancy. found out he was breech and they took him by c/s after doing a amnio and finding his lungs mature a month early. (pre-term labor and worried i would beto far and have to have a emergancy c/s. this one had threatened m/c at 5 weeks 7 weeks bleeding again. 9 weeks in the hospital for what was thought to be apendicitus (SP?) had a laproscope and found lots of scar tissue from previous c/s and large cyst on right overie. hospitaled for 4 days. started contracting at 17 weeks and put on bed rest only aloud to go towork and come home ( sit at a desk all day) bust started 24 full bed rest all day all in all i'm a huge mess during pregnancy
October 1st, 2006, 03:41 PM
StinkybuttandMonkeysMom's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to StinkybuttandMonkeysMom Send a message via Yahoo to StinkybuttandMonkeysMom
Hello! Well, my pregnancy has been one for the books from the get go!! I was told 3 times that I was miscarrying and would not even be having a baby!! Then, I had placenta previa and a subchorionic hemorrhage. Things are finally getting better now. But I was on bedrest for 20 weeks and now I am still warned to take it easy. I have had some kidney problems as well. All in all, it has been really rough. I also found out that there is a 1 in 136 chance my baby could have Downs. The ultrasound did not show any markers which is good, but there is still a chance. So I am taking it day by day and I just cannot wait to have my little bundle of joy.

October 1st, 2006, 07:30 PM
M!che!!e's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: NYC born and raised. Now stationed in Savannah, Ga HAAF!
Send a message via MSN to M!che!!e Send a message via Yahoo to M!che!!e
Quote:
Hello! Well, my pregnancy has been one for the books from the get go!! I was told 3 times that I was miscarrying and would not even be having a baby!! Then, I had placenta previa and a subchorionic hemorrhage. Things are finally getting better now. But I was on bedrest for 20 weeks and now I am still warned to take it easy.[/b]
i had a subchorionic hemmhorage with my daughter and i did miscarry her twin. and i was also on bed rest for almost 11 weeks due to it.

i wish you luck with the rest of your pregnancy and i had my daughter 12/27/05

October 8th, 2006, 12:47 PM
reddick2084's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to reddick2084 Send a message via Yahoo to reddick2084
I have complete placenta previa I was sent to the hospital for severe bleeding and found out I was prego.

DH-Sullivan-22
DD-Kayla-4
My Pug Puppie is 8mths old
Our Angel Baby-SullivanII-18.5w

<div align="center">

</div>
October 9th, 2006, 06:53 AM
Kyra656's Avatar Super Mommy
I am high risk because I went into pre-term labor at 25 weeks..and also have a history of premature birth (my son was born at 33 weeks).

October 9th, 2006, 09:04 AM
Missy_Russell's Avatar Veteran
i was hoping to see someone with my same issues, but seeing as there isn't the best survival rate I can see why there isn't. While pregnant with twins, I was diagnosed with Pre-eclamsia (sp) and anemia, chronic low blood pressure and fainting spells. After Birth they realized that I was in Preganancy Induced Heart Failure due to the 100 lbs of water I was carrying because of the Pre-eclampsia. I am almost perfect now besides the leaky valves.

Devin 9
Davon 9
Ajanee 7
Donovan Douglas - Born August 21st 2007, 8.5 lbs, 20" long @ 1:54pm

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wDpWWdg/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
October 9th, 2006, 11:57 PM
well I have been a diabetic for 16 years now and I am insulin dependent. I have four children have had three c-sections. I just do not dilate now I am pregnant again and I am at risk for a diffcult c-section because I Have alot of scar tissue. I am just going to play by the rules and follow doctors orders and pray for the best and in addition I miscarry last sept I was going on three months high risk pregnancy is stressful but we women have to stay strong and pull Our self through with each other help
October 10th, 2006, 06:53 AM
Katherine Sarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You women are truely amazing. Ive just been reading through this thread and i have no idea how you all cope. Ive been worried about when i try to concieve children and how the pregnancy will be as i have hypertension, im also next in line to have multiples and may have PCOS. I hope all of your pregnancies go as perfect as possible.
October 16th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Regular
Quote:
I have complete placenta previa. In other words, my placenta is totally covering the cervix and blocking the baby's way out. Major bleeding and preterm labor are the dangers of previa and I will have to deliver early by c-section. But so far I've had no bleeding and no hospital stays so I feel very blessed![/b]
Hey,

I am just newly pregnant - 10 weeks - with my 4th, but with my 3rd I had placenta previa. I first had bleeding at about 22 weeks, and I didn't find out what I actually had until 28 weeks. (I wasn't very happy with my doctor, needless to say). It was partial then, and then the placenta moved down to be complete. I was unfortunate in that I had to be on bedrest in the hospital for 7 weeks, and then I had my DS by c-section 4 weeks early. He has a few respiratory issues, he has asthma, and he had RSV when he was little, but fortunately he didn't have to stay in the NICU when he was born.

I hope all will go well with your pregnancy! If you have any questions or just want to vent, I've been through that and maybe I can help or just listen. Good luck!

October 18th, 2006, 12:10 PM
Veteran
I am high risk because I have MTHFR and have had 3 m/c's.

I have to give myself a shot of Lovenox two times a day, plus take large amoungs of folic acid, B-6, B-12, and a baby aspirin every day.

October 18th, 2006, 03:29 PM
Carlee
I am high risk because i have chronic placental abruption and have been put on strict bedrest. They are going to do steroids at 24 weeks in case i got into preterm labor so that baby has a good fighting chance. I also have gd and had a cerclage placed at 15 weeks due to an incompetent cervix.
October 25th, 2006, 05:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was recently diagnosed with placenta previa. I'm 19wks pregnant and never had any bleeding thus far. I'm a little scared and if anyone has any advice I would love to talk to someone. My doctor said I have nothing to worry about right now because she seems to think it will move upwards, which I am desparately hoping as well. I am considered high risk because of this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search