-what has made your pregnancy-

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 28th, 2006, 06:59 PM
claireflad@yahoo.com's Avatar Member
I am high risk because I have Factor V Leiden and antiphospholipid antibodies. I am on Lovenox injections and baby aspirin and will be induced at 38 weeks.

Claire
Owen 4/25/05
Baby girl induction 1/12/07

Owen 4/25/05
Baby girl due 1/24/07, being induced 1/12/07
October 28th, 2006, 08:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
For me: Previous Sub-Choronic Hemmorage, Pre-Eclampsia, High BP, high protein count and kidney problems.

Prayers for a good pregnancy this time around....

October 30th, 2006, 08:15 AM
Regular
Quote:
I was recently diagnosed with placenta previa. I'm 19wks pregnant and never had any bleeding thus far. I'm a little scared and if anyone has any advice I would love to talk to someone. My doctor said I have nothing to worry about right now because she seems to think it will move upwards, which I am desparately hoping as well. I am considered high risk because of this.[/b]
Hey,

Let me tell you some of what I went through, since I had the same thing. I had the regular ultrasound at 20 weeks, and they didn't say anything at that time, so I think maybe mine moved down, because I had bleeding at 22 weeks. For one thing, I would think if you haven't had bleeding yet, that's great. And it CAN move out of the way, actually. Mine was finally diagnosed at 28 weeks via ultrasound, and it was partial then. Unfortunately, it moved down to be a complete, so it can move.

Hopefully yours will move upwards, all you can really do is hope for that. If it does move down, you will just have to be careful, and listen to your doctor and do what she tells you to do. Unfortunately, I had to be in the hospital for a while with mine, about 7 weeks, and it was a long time, yes, but for the most part, my child is well now. He does have some respiratory issues, but he doesn't let it slow him down, and the delivery went pretty well, considering.

In any case, I hope it does move up for you. If it doesn't, they have plenty of provisions in place that can help you get through the pregnancy and delivery the best possible way. So try not to worry too much about it, just do what you can, with what your doctor will tell you. That'll give you the best possible outcome.

Good luck!

-Desiree
Mom of 3 boys + EDD 5/12/07

October 30th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:
I was recently diagnosed with placenta previa. I'm 19wks pregnant and never had any bleeding thus far. I'm a little scared and if anyone has any advice I would love to talk to someone. My doctor said I have nothing to worry about right now because she seems to think it will move upwards, which I am desparately hoping as well. I am considered high risk because of this.[/b]
Hey,

Let me tell you some of what I went through, since I had the same thing. I had the regular ultrasound at 20 weeks, and they didn't say anything at that time, so I think maybe mine moved down, because I had bleeding at 22 weeks. For one thing, I would think if you haven't had bleeding yet, that's great. And it CAN move out of the way, actually. Mine was finally diagnosed at 28 weeks via ultrasound, and it was partial then. Unfortunately, it moved down to be a complete, so it can move.

Hopefully yours will move upwards, all you can really do is hope for that. If it does move down, you will just have to be careful, and listen to your doctor and do what she tells you to do. Unfortunately, I had to be in the hospital for a while with mine, about 7 weeks, and it was a long time, yes, but for the most part, my child is well now. He does have some respiratory issues, but he doesn't let it slow him down, and the delivery went pretty well, considering.

In any case, I hope it does move up for you. If it doesn't, they have plenty of provisions in place that can help you get through the pregnancy and delivery the best possible way. So try not to worry too much about it, just do what you can, with what your doctor will tell you. That'll give you the best possible outcome.

Good luck!

-Desiree
Mom of 3 boys + EDD 5/12/07
[/b]
Thank you so much for the comfort!!! I hope it moves up too.
November 2nd, 2006, 09:51 PM
Meekas_Mommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I started this pregnancy after multiple miscarriages...so my dr wanted to watch me closely, all went smoothly until 20 weeks when i decided to start having contractions... not really by choice of course lol, I was put on modified mild bed rest, and had the contractions down to about 1 a day, until i asked hubby to redo our room to make way for the babys play pen, at which time although i didn't do alot i ended up with contractions again, in hospital and on full bed rest, I have never got them to calm down quite that well again and still have them, and the other night they raged up again and i was back in the hospital... the dr says she wants me to make it till atleast 32 weeks, which means 6 weeks of this down 6 to go
Marieka, Feb 18th 2003,
And
Leya Aiva, Jan 25th, 2007.

November 24th, 2006, 01:56 PM
Veteran
With my DS I developed pre eclampsia and was induced at 36 weeks......and with this pregnancy....I am 14 weeks and already having high bp.....my ob put me on Procardia.....so we will see how it works

December 3rd, 2006, 11:16 PM
mamafox2's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via ICQ to mamafox2 Send a message via Yahoo to mamafox2
Hi ladies,
Well im a high risk case for a few reasons. First off with my Dd 2 years ago after she was born they found out i had a plusenta abrasion and while i was in labor i was bleeding more then normal.
Also i have very high blood presure. my normal day of bp is 140/85 and if i have salt of get stressed it goes up to 160/110 about. Also on 11/22 i came was sent to the ER for vertigo and fallin down.

Laura Lynne 3-05-05

Athena Rose 2-13-07

Alice May 10-08-08
December 4th, 2006, 05:14 PM
Angela1's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to Angela1
I am high risk b/c I have had a m/c at 16wks due to chromosomes defect. I am currently 6wks pregnant..I have had spotting since day 1 and they said my gestational sac is irregular shape...semi to a oval shape.
December 4th, 2006, 06:02 PM
Regular
I had severe Ulcerative colitis and had a total collectomy "i'm missing a large intestine". Then I had hernia repair surgery done and had a piece of plastic mesh put in so that i wouldnt get the hernias again. I'm high risk due the mesh stretching and tearing from what ever its stitched too. My doctor thinks that it will restrict the babies growth and says right now i'm on a cross that brigde when we get to it. My Surgeon says i have to wear a girdle the whole pregancy to try and prevent ripping. If it rips then I will have to have heria repair done again which is a full blown surgery. Right now i have an incarcerated uterus that my doctor says it should have tipped forward by now as much as lay in my knee chest position. She thinks now that my uterus is stuck to scar tissue or adhesians from my surgeries and if that is the case they will have to go in and cut the scar tissue away from uterus which Scares the mess out of me. I have so much pressure on my bladder and lower body area because my uterus is stuck in the hollow of my sacrum and if i didnt have the catheter my bladder would rupture. My husband has to drain my bowels for me via a rectal tube because it keeps me from having a bowel movement as well. I've very blessed to have my hubby!! I"m only 17 weeks and praying this gets resolved. I read that if this isnt corrected it can cause spontaneous abortion, gangreen of the rectom and bladder rupture. NONE of the doctors i have seen know what to do. My OB and her partners have never had a patient with my issues and I have seen my surgeon since i was 17 for my colitis and he said he didnt know how to fix this one. I asked if i was going in the text books he said no, but i'm definitly a case report. I'm very nervous and scared right now.......sorry for the mouth full!
December 4th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Regular
Quote:
i dont mean to be rude laddies..but what has made your pregnancy high risk??
i didnt have a high risk pregnancy.. but im scared of it...
you laddies are stong....[/b]
I had severe Ulcerative colitis and had a total collectomy "i'm missing a large intestine". Then I had hernia repair surgery done and had a piece of plastic mesh put in so that i wouldnt get the hernias again. I'm high risk due the mesh stretching and tearing from what ever its stitched too. My doctor thinks that it will restrict the babies growth and says right now i'm on a cross that brigde when we get to it. My Surgeon says i have to wear a girdle the whole pregancy to try and prevent ripping. If it rips then I will have to have heria repair done again which is a full blown surgery. Right now i have an incarcerated uterus that my doctor says it should have tipped forward by now as much as lay in my knee chest position. She thinks now that my uterus is stuck to scar tissue or adhesians from my surgeries and if that is the case they will have to go in and cut the scar tissue away from uterus which Scares the mess out of me. I have so much pressure on my bladder and lower body area because my uterus is stuck in the hollow of my sacrum and if i didnt have the catheter my bladder would rupture. My husband has to drain my bowels for me via a rectal tube because it keeps me from having a bowel movement as well. I've very blessed to have my hubby!! I"m only 17 weeks and praying this gets resolved. I read that if this isnt corrected it can cause spontaneous abortion, gangreen of the rectom and bladder rupture. NONE of the doctors i have seen know what to do. My OB and her partners have never had a patient with my issues and I have seen my surgeon since i was 17 for my colitis and he said he didnt know how to fix this one. I asked if i was going in the text books he said no, but i'm definitly a case report. I'm very nervous and scared right now.......sorry for the mouth full!
December 12th, 2006, 11:30 AM
christine23's Avatar Veteran
I have been diagnosed with Gestational diabetes. Then at 14 weeks they said I have a short cervix and then at 18 weeks they told me I also have a low lying placenta.

December 19th, 2006, 08:59 PM
Veteran
I'm high risk due to 11 miscarriages, one still birth at 7 1/2 mos., previous partial placental abruption (say that 3 times fast lol) at 16 weeks which led to a 32 week preemie, 3 with preterm labor, one with IUGR. This pregnancy I have a subchorionic bleed which increases my already increased chances of having another placental abruption.

My Froggy Girl Shop
December 28th, 2006, 03:42 PM
Veteran
Quote:
I had severe Ulcerative colitis and had a total collectomy "i'm missing a large intestine". Then I had hernia repair surgery done and had a piece of plastic mesh put in so that i wouldnt get the hernias again. I'm high risk due the mesh stretching and tearing from what ever its stitched too. My doctor thinks that it will restrict the babies growth and says right now i'm on a cross that brigde when we get to it. My Surgeon says i have to wear a girdle the whole pregancy to try and prevent ripping. If it rips then I will have to have heria repair done again which is a full blown surgery. Right now i have an incarcerated uterus that my doctor says it should have tipped forward by now as much as lay in my knee chest position. She thinks now that my uterus is stuck to scar tissue or adhesians from my surgeries and if that is the case they will have to go in and cut the scar tissue away from uterus which Scares the mess out of me. I have so much pressure on my bladder and lower body area because my uterus is stuck in the hollow of my sacrum and if i didnt have the catheter my bladder would rupture. My husband has to drain my bowels for me via a rectal tube because it keeps me from having a bowel movement as well. I've very blessed to have my hubby!! I"m only 17 weeks and praying this gets resolved. I read that if this isnt corrected it can cause spontaneous abortion, gangreen of the rectom and bladder rupture. NONE of the doctors i have seen know what to do. My OB and her partners have never had a patient with my issues and I have seen my surgeon since i was 17 for my colitis and he said he didnt know how to fix this one. I asked if i was going in the text books he said no, but i'm definitly a case report. I'm very nervous and scared right now.......sorry for the mouth full![/b]
I too have ulcerative colitis, and was diagnosed when I was 8 years old. I am now almost 20 weeks into my 3rd pregnancy, and have found that it actually seems better when I am pregnant! I didn't realize all of the difficulties that could occur due to the colitis! I will be praying that things get better for you.
January 1st, 2007, 04:40 PM
PrincessPrunella's Avatar Veteran
I am high risk because I had premature labour and I have had an abruption, and I have miscarried.
January 2nd, 2007, 12:12 PM
Im high risk because of my age 38, then they added twins and now gestational diabetes.
January 2nd, 2007, 07:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm 35, diabetic, hypothyriodism, history of high blood pressure.

January 9th, 2007, 05:37 AM
mama_of_6_13754's Avatar Regular
Just now finding my way around the forum, I am 32 weeks pregnant and from the very beginning they said I was high risk because of the following which REALLY suprised me. #1. They said my age, was getting older so that put me there (umm since when is 29 considered old age lol) 2. This is my seventh birth and 3. being my 11th pregnancy. When first started having kids I would miscarry, birth, miscarry and birth for sometime. So after going to my doc for 28 weeks and telling him there was something wrong and it being ignored I have switched doctors. I now have high BP, some sort of infection going on, the flu and strep throat. I asked for a c-section so I could get a tubal done and doc said no, before I left the office he chuckled and said " your wish may come true, the baby is breech". I am now reconsidering the thought of a c-section but may need to be done . I go see him again tomorrow and hoping he lets me know when all will be done, I am due March 3rd but would hate to go in labor and have her breech.
January 10th, 2007, 10:02 PM
Nicole_M's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm high risk because I have Uterine Didelphys which means I was born with 2 uteruses and 2 cervices. Sometimes there is not enough room for the baby to grow and it leads to PTL around 24 weeks.

Thank God my first pregnancy was a success. It bodes well for future pregnancies.
January 11th, 2007, 01:42 PM
LouLouMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I'm high risk because I have Uterine Didelphys which means I was born with 2 uteruses and 2 cervices. Sometimes there is not enough room for the baby to grow and it leads to PTL around 24 weeks.

Thank God my first pregnancy was a success. It bodes well for future pregnancies.[/b]
Hi ladies. I used to be quite active on JM and I'm just finding my way back I had 2 miscarriages in 05. 1 at 14 weeks, 1 at 5 weeks. I have a blood clotting issue so I am taking Lovenox injections, Prometrium and baby aspirin. Plus I will have cerclage around 12 weeks. I have a reproductive endocrinologist that I see until 10 weeks, then my ob/gyn. Good luck to everyone here.

Angel~9/12/05~with us for 5 weeks</span></span></span>
January 20th, 2007, 08:30 AM
Regular
Quote:
i dont mean to be rude laddies..but what has made your pregnancy high risk??
i didnt have a high risk pregnancy.. but im scared of it...
you laddies are stong....[/b]

Hi. I am considered high risk because I am carrying twins. I am 8 weeks along now. Other than that, I dont have any other health problems.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search