-what has made your pregnancy-

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2006, 09:54 PM
youngmum123
i dont mean to be rude laddies..but what has made your pregnancy high risk??
i didnt have a high risk pregnancy.. but im scared of it...
you laddies are stong....
July 19th, 2006, 08:15 AM
I say at this point...you name it, it's made me high risk!
I started out the pregnancy with hypertension (which as of last week has all but remedied itself, hooray!!!), hyperthyroidism (which is also getting better with pregnancy, yeay!), a history of incompetent cervix which required bed rest and a cerclage with my DS, and a history of spontaneous abortion (two miscarriages of unknown reason which now are probably attributed to my hyperthyroid). So, I already carried a high risk label before I even saw the OB...what fun.
Then, at 9 weeks, I was tested for Gestational Diabetes due to family history of diabetes, and was found to have GD.
At 12 weeks, I had another cerclage.
I seemed to keep testing positive for antibodies and auto-immune issues, which I think have been found to be inconclusive, but kept me biting my nails for about a month while we waited to find out what that was all about.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaand, at my 18 week ultrasound, I was found to have a Single Artery Umbilical cord, which can lead to defects and growth issues.
Suffice it to say, I see a lot of my endocrinologist, OB, perinataologist, and ultrasound techs.

I joked one day with the OB that I felt amazingly well (I feel truly great this pregnancy) considering the fact they gave me a new high risk factor practically every time I saw them. I was convinced they'd have the crew from Discovery Health Channel coming over to make a special out of me... fortunately, I've avoided bed rest this time around, because I can't imagine being stuck at home with my very active 3 year old and having to stay in bed!
July 19th, 2006, 09:01 AM
My pregnancy was considered high risk for a couple of reasons. I have a problem with anemia even when I'm not pregnant. For awhile they were afraid they would have to give me a blood transfusion after birth. But luckily the ended up doing Iron Infusions (IV) before I had the baby and that helped a little.

I have a mild bleeding disorder so they kept an eye on that and it meant I couldn't have an epidural during labor.

I also had high blood pressure during my pregnancy. I suffer from intractable and severe migraines which made this more complicated. Some of the danger signs during pregnancy I also experience with my migraines. For example: headaches, blurry vision, etc. So we had to carefully try to decide if something was from my migraines or High BP.
July 19th, 2006, 09:56 AM
SuperTwins's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SuperTwins
Well, I am high risk because I am carrying twins. One twin had low amniotic fluid at one point. And I have already had preterm labor at 26 weeks. Gestational Diabetes is just a plus, LoL!
July 19th, 2006, 11:07 AM
Momo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have complete placenta previa. In other words, my placenta is totally covering the cervix and blocking the baby's way out. Major bleeding and preterm labor are the dangers of previa and I will have to deliver early by c-section. But so far I've had no bleeding and no hospital stays so I feel very blessed!

Clara's here! 5/13/11

I love my two handsome boys!!!
Jetty - 8/06
Jude - 9/08

July 19th, 2006, 01:01 PM
Jendaly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Jendaly Send a message via Yahoo to Jendaly
I have had 10 m/c. Just diagnosed with PCOS and Diabetes. My DS is five and I have been blessed and having another DS is December.
July 19th, 2006, 01:41 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to strawberigirl
I have a bicornuate uterus. (My uterus has a bit of a septum allowing a smaller space, putting me at a high risk for preterm labor). And I've also had significant cervical shortening increasing my risk for preterm labor. But so far so good. He's still cooking!

Bowman --now 2 1/2
July 20th, 2006, 11:48 AM
i am high risk due to severe hypertension prior to PG and two previous PG's with severe issues with hypertension.

I have to admit, this PG is alot less stressful because i was able to take the bedrest and not have to worry about money issues like i did in the first two.

Things have been easier to cope with this time around! Big difference, I was put on bedrest much earlier with this one than the previous PGs.
July 20th, 2006, 04:18 PM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am high risk due to severe SLE (Lupus).

July 21st, 2006, 10:02 AM
*~Candy~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have been "high risk" from the beginning because I had one misscarriage, I have hypothroidism and I also Have PCOS. Everythign was okay in the beginning of the pregnancy- they just did more sonograms than they would for a "normal" pregnancy. I started gettting bad UTI's around 23 weeks that was causing Pre-term labor and was only allowed to work half days due to a soft cervix from all the infections. Now I am on full bedrest because I am dilated.

July 21st, 2006, 03:59 PM
Nancy
I am high risk b/c of a previous premature birth (w/ DD) which an exact reason for was never really determined and b/c of a previous miscarriage.
July 22nd, 2006, 10:27 AM
Momma2My Lil Js's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Momma2My Lil Js
I'm high risk because I have gestational diabetes that was diagnosed at 9wks, so I take insulin and I have a complete placenta previa that doesn't want to move! Last U/S on 7/19 showed no movement from the my u/s's on 6/16 & 5/19.

July 22nd, 2006, 04:22 PM
I am high risk because of a couple reasons...i lost my twin sons to Twin to Twin Trasnfusion Syndrome in January of this year at 21 weeks. I also found out when I was pregnant with the twins that I have a rare form of a bicornuate uterus called uteri didelphys. It means I have two complete systems...i have tried to find others hat have this and have had not had any luck, so it really must be rare...the third reason is that I am on Dilantin and have been for the last 10 years to control seizures. In a nutshell, I am a mess!!! Here's hoping #3 stays put for a while.

Jenn

July 23rd, 2006, 12:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My pregnancy is high risk now because of 2 reasons... My Baby Has cysts on her brain.... they found 5 on my first ultrasound... .5% to 1% of pregnancies get these cysts. The cysts on her brain are a build up of spinal fluid. They were thinking she might be a down syndrom or a Trisomi 18 baby... though she was tested for down syndrom and it came up negative they dont know what could happen because of the amount of cysts she has. at about 4 or so months into my pregnancy my Kidneys started acting up... i already had kidney damage and other chronic kidney issues for the past 3 years which the dr.s thought they had taken care of. but, when i got pregnant they acted up again and i cant take the medication for it while im pregnant which puts me in a lot of danger and my baby as well. Just trying to stay strong and pray for the best.
July 25th, 2006, 10:34 PM
teacherinlove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was just stopping by...

I was high risk because of a shortened cervix but everything turned out wonderful thanks to some amazing doctors and nurses! Now, I have a beautiful baby boy.. I mean toddler

Please remember ladies, take it one day at a time..

~Marissa~

July 29th, 2006, 10:21 AM
GeeDee's Avatar Veteran
I'm only high risk cause my last pregnancy ended in January with a baby boy who had a severe NTD (Spina Bifida with Hydrocephalus, an extreme case. There is a risk that this baby could have the same problem possibly... were trying to think positive, I do have 2 children that are perfectly fine. (It's not a very high risk though, but still possible).
July 30th, 2006, 11:49 AM
kittycat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Extreme Pre-Term Labor, PROM, Irritable uteris, resistence to labor stopping medicines (Terb & Mag), dialate fast and a vertical (internal/external) c-section scar that also puts me at abruption risk. I delivered my twins 3.5 days apart, both in the 23 week range. I have one survivor from that, and he spent 6.5mo in the NICU.

So I will be closely watched throughout this pregnancy, and it will likely be my last. We'll be introducing P17 Progesterone Shots around 15 or 16 weeks, as they've had great success in helping prevent/delay preterm labor. It's also helped with stronger lung development and higher birth weighs.

July 31st, 2006, 06:57 PM
Mommyof3boys1girl's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommyof3boys1girl
I am high risk because I have had a history of pre-term labor with my first son, which was controlled with steroids, my second son was born premature at 25 weeks 5 days after several weeks of preterm labor and PROM with him. I also have what could be severe hypothyroidism that is out of control (has been due to the hormones from the pregnancies) and they cannot keep me leveled for long. I am 15 weeks pregnant now with #3 (my preemie is only 10 mths old) and already had some mild cramps and running a fever that cannot be put with anything. They also have to keep an eye on my uterus due to two previous c-sections. There is 14 1/2 mths between DS 1 and DS 2 and will be 16 between DS 2 and baby 3.

August 1st, 2006, 10:56 AM
Regular
I'm 35 weeks pregnant, and considered high risk due to IUGR. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow for another growth study ultrasound. If she didn't grow much, I will be getting induced very soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search