For all the Lovenox/Heparin Mama's out there:

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Crystal Lynn's Avatar Regular
Amy ~ I was thinking of icing before taking the shots, but since it's twice a day I don't really have time to do that in the morning before work. Well, I guess I just don't make the time but I figured I'm just going to deal with it lol. But sometimes it hurts more than others & I wished I would have iced first! I might reconsider as time goes on. I am not super thin, but not super heavy either. I'd say somewhere in the middle, a little overweight I guess. I have room in my mid section that seems I shouldn't run out of room very quickly, but I feel like doing it twice a day adds up fast! I've been putting it on my love handles so far and sometimes closer to my abdomen. Although it makes me nervous! But I figure there is still time right now before I start growing, but once I do, I don't think I'll want to put it in my abdomen anymore. All the other places I was told I could use, seem like they would hurt way too much! Oh.. and thanks for the advice about telling or not telling everyone.. I decided you were absolutely right! So everyone knows now lol 18 weeks!! Yay!! So have you started to show yet? I know some people show right away and some not till after they hit 5 months. Do you know what your having yet? I don't remember how far along you have to be to find out. Any names picked out yet? 101 questions lol
September 18th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Liz ~ I think I might start reconsidering the ice... it really doesn't feel very good! Thats a bummer it doesn't help with bruising. So far I've done pretty good about the bruising though, only one bad bruise so far and then one or two tiny ones but nothing else. So I guess thats not so bad, but I have a long way to go still! I'm so glad the hemo switched me to lovonox that fast too. They literally called in lovonox within 10 min of finding out I was preggo! And thank you for the advice, your right.. I am doing everything I can to prevent a mc so I shouldn't worry about it. It's still hard not to think about, but I am trying to think of every positive thing right now to drown out any of the negative... as much as I can So far I feel great, overall that is. I have all the typical prego symptoms, and just a little bit of nausea but nothing more. So I can't complain there! Hopefully it stays that way and I don't get any of the severe stuff. Fx

The phone history appt was today and they told me my EDD is 5/13/13 and that I'm 6wks 1 day.. which is a week farther along than I thought. But I think my EDD is more accurate. They are basing it on a perfect 28 day cycle and my cycle was 37, so my calculations figure that in too. I have an appt on 10/5/12 so hopefully I will have an u/s that day and have a confirmed due date! I can't wait! I'll keep both of you posted
September 20th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh, yeah, I'm showing already. It's my 3rd baby so, typically, after 1 or 2 kids, you show sooner. I'm 19 weeks and we found out at 14 weeks that we're having a boy! We already have 2 girls so, we're excited. Not that we wouldn't be excited about a 3rd girl but, I REALLY wanted a boy! We've got 3 names picked out but won't stick it to him until he's here. The names we have are Blaise Sebastian, Sebastian Blaise or Cruz Augustine. Or Cruz Sebastian. We'll see...I'm leaning more towards Cruz. DH likes Sebastian.

Are you hoping for a specific gender? Names?

Mom to 4 beautiful kids! 3 on Earth and 1 in heaven. Our little girl, Matilda Hope had Down Syndrome. She was born with TMD, a disease that is like leukemia. She fought that and beat it. Then, she had liver failure. She beat that, too. On October 17, 2014 she had NEC, necrotizing enterocolitis. My baby went to Heaven on October 19, 2014. She lived exactly one month.
September 25th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Awh, thats wonderful! I'm glad you got your boy Those names are great! I have a cousin named Cruz, so I'm partial to that one lol and would say that's my favorite I've always liked that name though. I think thats great that you are showing already! I can't wait till its obvious to people that I'm pregnant. But I have quite a while to go before that happens I'm sure. As for me though, I really want a girl. But as long as I knew I could have a 2nd baby, I want a boy first. So big brother can look out for his little sister when they are older DF wants a boy also. So we are pretty much hoping for a boy this time around.. and I'm keeping my fingers crossed I will have #2 later on and it be a girl lol. And names... I have no clue! I think we will have a hard time with figuring it out though. I like names that aren't so common and are more unique and not standard I guess...or even just older names that don't get used much anymore, well, some of those anyway. DF likes regular, typical names so we are on opposite pages when it comes to that. We definitely have to start thinking now because it will take us the whole 9 months to figure it out haha. But he kinda wants to have a jr. and I'm not a 100% on that but I did tell him if he wants a jr. we can have a jr. So that's also a possibility. And if we do that, it will be Kyle James Jr. I don't mind the name Kyle at least, but I said I want a few more options in case he changes his mind later on. And we still have to decide on a few girl names too. I haven't thought too hard about names yet though, since I know this is going to turn into a nightmare between us lol.

How have you been feeling so far?
October 23rd, 2012, 04:25 PM
I'm not sure if any of you ladies still check this post. But I thought I'd post on here to let you know that I had a miscarriage. I found out at my u/s on the 10th that there was no heartbeat, we were devistated. I had to have a d&c done in the O.R. because of my bleeding risks. I just had that done last monday, the 15th. Which I also found out that 10/15 apparently is a national pregnancy & infant loss rememberance day. I thought that was ironic. Anyway, we are still trying to get over this loss, but we do plan to try again soon. This time they are allowing me to stay on the Lovonox while ttc. So I am still taking it and hope to try again next month. I did have the tissue sent to the lab & also having genetic testing done as well. Still waiting for the results. Well, I just wanted to share that with you. I hope all of you are doing well. Take care

October 24th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
((HUGS)) I'm so, so sorry Crystal!! I know that there really isn't anything anyone can say to take that pain away but, I'll pray that you can heal and find peace. Unfortunately, m/c are so common.

I had one between my 2 girls. They let me stay on lovenox, too, and I got pregnant the very next month. I think Liz did, too, the month after her m/c. Good luck and KUP!!

Mom to 4 beautiful kids! 3 on Earth and 1 in heaven. Our little girl, Matilda Hope had Down Syndrome. She was born with TMD, a disease that is like leukemia. She fought that and beat it. Then, she had liver failure. She beat that, too. On October 17, 2014 she had NEC, necrotizing enterocolitis. My baby went to Heaven on October 19, 2014. She lived exactly one month.
October 24th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry for your loss! I suffered a miscarriage the cycle before I conceived my 2nd. I also stayed on the Lovenox and I am glad that they are allowing you to do that. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and I hope that you see a lovely set of lines soon. KUP!

October 24th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Thank you ladies They told me we can't bd for 2 weeks after the d&c. And they said to wait till I have one full cycle before ttc again. But it seems like so many people get pregnant before they even have their first cycle. So now idk if we should just start trying, I have no clue where I will be in my cycle right now. I did hear that some women ovulate 2 wks after their d&c but I know everyone is different. I started temping again right after my d&c, just so I can see where its at & how long it takes to drop, etc. Its been dropping gradually since my procedure. But today it was at its lowest so far & that is usually the temp I have the day I ovulate (I don't usually ever go lower than the temp I have today). So now I'm wondering if I'm already gonna ovulate or not...but then again idk if my hormones are still all over the place and it could just go all over for a while, idk. I'm kinda nervous to try yet because I've heard if you bd too soon it can cause infection being so close to having the procedure, I also heard something about the lining being too thin still until you have one full cycle and I heard something about causing scar tissue. I really want to try again already, even though I know its pretty early yet. We aren't even supposed to bd until at least monday. But I can't help it, I don't want to waste any opportunity lol. But all the complications I heard about make me nervous. I can't decide what to do. So both of you conceived the very next month?! That's awesome! It does give me hope! When you say the very next month tho, do you mean a month out, right after the first cycle or meaning you conceived before your first cycle started? I'm just curious.. and trying to decide what I should do. Thank you again for all of your thoughts and prayers, that means a lot to me

Btw.. I finally figured out how to do some of the siggy stuff, like a timeline for due dates & for any losses. But where do you ladies get the other stuff, like being high risk, ttc quotes, etc? I can't find that stuff anywhere so I can add it to my siggy.

Thank you both so much for all of your support, you ladies are wonderful and I'm glad I found you to talk to Its nice knowing I'm not alone and can talk to others who have been in my situation before.

October 26th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My OB told me to wait 3 months before TTC after my loss. When I asked them why they told me it made dating the pregnancy easier. I asked if there was any medical reason not to try right away and they could not give me one so I went for it. I did not have a d&c though. That could completely change things. My loss was very early and I miscarried naturally.

Here is a link to the blinkies for the high risk board.
http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...-blinkies.html (Board Blinkies)

Here is the link to the blinky board:
Blinkies R Us - JustMommies Message Boards

October 26th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My ob told me to wait 3 months too. When I asked why he said so I could mourn the loss of my baby. Sometimes I think the doctors don't know why they tell us what they do.

November 14th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Thank you for the info ladies! I really appreciate the blinkies too emsketch, I didn't know there was a board for that! I had my post op OB visit the beginning of this month and asked them the same question. They told me I should wait one cycle and I asked about the medical reason and they said that it wouldn't really hurt anything if I ended up pregnant before my first cycle but that it helps to date the pregnancy and give myself some time to heal physically & emotionally. So basically, the same thing you both were told. We have been trying anyway. But I don't think my body is back to normal yet. I've been temping this whole time and its all over the place still. And I'm still waiting for my first cycle and I hope it comes soon. I just want to get back to normal again so I know whats going on with my body and to help us know when to try again. For now we are just doing whatever & hope that by some small chance we luck out. But I honestly don't think I'm even ovulating yet. I'm keeping my fx it happens soon though. I'm still an emotional rollercoaster right now though, especially the last few days so I'm hoping it means things are trying to get back to normal soon. I'll keep you posted if any good news comes up I hope both of you are doing well

March 4th, 2013, 09:16 PM
@ AmyLM - I completely forgot about this post the last several months. I was just wondering how you were doing? I am assuming you had your baby by now, right? January I'm guessing? I hope you and baby are doing well!

March 4th, 2013, 10:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We are all doing well! Cruz was born on valentine's day and he is amazing. Thank you so much for asking! How are you doing?

March 6th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Awh! That is so sweet! What a great day to have him! So you did end up going with Cruz huh.. that is such a cute name! Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you I'm doing good. After my mc my cycles never started & its been a little crazy with all the hormone fluctuations I've had all this time. But I finally just had my first cycle in February... seemed like forever. We've been ttc ever since 1 month after, just in case though. I'm probably going to test this weekend, or tomorrow if I can't hold out but it's probably too soon yet. I have a good feeling about this month so I'm really hoping to see a bfp soon. Fx! Are you still doing lovonox? I know they usually say 4-6 weeks postpartum. I'm sure you will be glad to be done with that soon! How big was Cruz? I'm glad to hear you both are doing great!

March 6th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah I am still on lovenox. 6 weeks is how long I am supposed to be on it. I am tired of the shots and am looking forward to being off of them. Cruz was my biggest baby. He was 7lbs 15oz and 20" long. I hope you get hour bfp soon and you keep us updated!!

March 7th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Wow, Cruz was your biggest! You are lucky! That is a perfect size I sure hope when I have a baby that they are that size or less. I can't imagine having a 10 lb baby lol. I'm glad you don't have much longer on the lovonox! I have been on it for 6 months now & to think I will be on it till I get a bfp, go through the 9 months & then 6 weeks after... seems so far away! lol.

And thank you! I hope I get a bfp soon too! I have some promising signs so far overall. So I'm really hoping for good news soon. But I will let you know what I find out! Hopefully that will only be a few days away.. maybe.

May 20th, 2014, 02:57 PM
Crystal, Im not sure if you still check this 2 years later, but I wanted to see if you were ever able to get your baby! I stumbled upon this forum while looking up lovenox and pregnancy. I also had a PE at 21 and will be on coumadin forever (b/c of clotting disorders) and was told lovenox at start of ttc so I'm in a rush to get pregnant before I get older and have trouble. We tried for a year to ttc when I was 20 (before PE) and had no luck. Now at 24 we're ready to start again... but scared of complications and worried about not being able to get my BFP.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search