Gestational Diabetes

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 15th, 2012, 04:04 AM
I have conceived after 3 years of struggle with Pcos .Had a Laproscopy on 25 May 2012 and now 39 days pregnant. However now doing a GTT , my blooed sugar levels came as below

Fasting-103

1 hr after post fasting- 240 mg
2 hr -200 mg
3 hrs - 180 mg
4 hr - 170 mg
Doctors told sugar levels are very high and im diagnosed with Gestational diabetes. I have been put of 30/70 insulin doses for next 2 month...
While im being told it is common, iam really scared...any advise from anyone who coped with similar situation would be off great help..
August 15th, 2012, 06:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I haven't personally coped with GD, but several ladies have done so successfully. MY best friend had GD with her first, but not her second. My DH is also a type 1 diabetic.

Watch your diet and monitor your sugar levels. Your drs will monitor you more closely as you get farther along in your pg. Many, many women go on to have fairly normal pg (aside from the diet and monitoring), carry to term, and deliver healthy babies. Since you caught this early, hopefully you can do the same.
August 17th, 2012, 11:14 AM
thanks im watching my diet very closely... i m 41 days pregnant, no morning sickness till,now..just bloated stomach...
August 20th, 2012, 05:57 AM
Veteran
GD is more common among those of us with pcos. i had GD with my son and plan to be tested early with this pregnancy as well. just watch your carbs and sugars intake. it isn't too hard to do once you get the hang of it. make a goal of eating things that have less than 20 sugars per serving and try to stick to the serving size. as far as the carbs go try to keep that under 30 per serving, trust me i know it can be hard to do.

also, go ahead and switch to diet sodas and teas if you drink these things. if you can tolerate dairy it is a great way to balance out your glucose level. try to drink milk with your meals if you can and have yogurt for snacks. i hope these tips help and if you need any other advice or have any questions please feel free to send me a pm.

oh i also forgot to mention that you will have a lot more u/s since you have GD. i got one every month with my son, it was so nice to see him all the time! the worry with GD is having a big baby. my son was 7lbs 4oz when he was born, average size.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search