Pregnant with a rare form of conjoined twins. HELP!!!

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AmyLM

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 1st, 2012, 06:41 PM
h

Last edited by whyme; September 16th, 2012 at 01:23 PM.
September 2nd, 2012, 06:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am sorry. No person should have to go through what you are and have to make the choice you do.

I can't tell you what to do. That is a decision for you and the babies' father to make together. But, you have to remember it is your health too, not just the babies. As for the c/s, it will not future pregnancies impossible. I'm assuming they would need to do a classical incision (vertical), which would mean planned c/s every pregnancy, and possibly a limit on how many more pregnancies (depending on scar tissue and how thin your uterus walls are).

How do you feel about abortions? Some people don't believe in it and others do. It is a personal choice. But in cases of damage to the mother's health, how do you feel about ending the pregnancy? Have you discussed with the doctors how long the babies might live after they are born, if they are born closer to term? Would they be in pain or suffer unduly? If not, could you deliver closer to 32/33 weeks? They may not live long, but at least you and their dad could have a few moments with them.

Is the babies dad around and involved? How does he feel? What are his thoughts about the pregnancy and ending it?

I can tell you that no matter what you decide, this will be one of the most difficult times of your life. Life will go on and eventually you will heal. You will never forget, and those boys will forever be there in your heart and thoughts.

While I have never experienced your situation, I have had an abortion and several miscarriages as well as 3 healthy children. I remember everyone of my children - those with wings and those I hold in my arms. I remember the agony for each of them. But life has continued since the abortion 20 years ago, and I have made every moment count, especially those with my children.

I am thinking and praying for you and the babies. I hope you are able to come to a decision you are able to live with.
September 2nd, 2012, 09:34 AM
Super Mommy
Oh wow... I'm so sorry! Whatever you do, I pray it's the best decision. I'm so sorry you have to make this difficult decision. Hugs and prayers!

September 2nd, 2012, 06:17 PM
.:Kati:.'s Avatar kyler's mommy
I'm sorry,i can't imagine how you're feeling. ((hugs))

September 3rd, 2012, 10:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry this is happening to you and your babies.

I don't believe in abortion either and I suggest that you go and speak to your pastor or priest. If you don't have one, you can certainly call one. The Catholic church has specific guidelines. Abortion is not acceptable at any time. But, actually delivering early and not actually harming the baby might be an option. I would call and speak to someone, not just to find out about how to go about this but, for some support, too.

Lot's of thoughts and prayers for you and your boys.
Mama2Angels likes this.

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
Expecting our newest baby girl, diagnosed with Down Syndrome with Verifi, October 2014!
September 4th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Super Mommy
I'm so sorry to read this post. May God give you strength as you face a tough decision. I agree with the previous post which tells you to speak to a priest/pastor. They will help set your mind at ease. God bless you and your angels.

Never going to forget my angels in heaven. Until we meet again my loves. Mommy loves you.

September 7th, 2012, 11:57 AM
im so sorry. my thoughts are with you.
C-section #6. ~Adding another sweet sister!!~

Tags
abnormal , abortion , conjoined , induce , pregnancy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search