Dr made me feel like crap!!

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By McKendon
  • 1 Post By Dee Darling 3

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2012, 09:18 AM
McKendon's Avatar Veteran
I just got a call from the Dr. office setting me up for all kinds of testing next week. I am 7 weeks today and need a glucose test because my bmi is over 30, need an EKG, need a 24 hour urine (have HBP but on meds), had GD with my daughter, and have a history of 3 miscarriages...not to mention I am 37 y/o. I commented that she made me feel like I really shouldn't be doing this. Now I am feeling negligent
September 13th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Don't let the barrage of tests make you feel negligent! The docs do most of what they do to cover their own butts. I would rather have a doc that is on top of things and being proactive than one that waits until there is a problem. Try not to let all of the tests get you down!

September 13th, 2012, 05:41 PM
McKendon's Avatar Veteran
Thanks, Em. The more I started thinking about this all day, the more I agree with you. I couldn't help but think that with all my "risks", I have no business being PG.
emsketch likes this.
September 13th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think your ob is doing the right thing by getting baselines now, early in your pregnancy. That's the sign of a good, conscientious dr. I wouldn't worry.
McKendon likes this.
September 25th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sweetpea, you aren't negligent at all! Your situation is unique, and don't let anyone make you feel bad about that. I have some of the same issues that might complicate things a bit, but we're very blessed.
September 25th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Super Mommy
You really should find a different doctor. Any doctor who makes these remarks is going to continue to stress you out the entire pregnancy. Find a new one now before it is too late. I have made the mistake of waiting too long to find a different one before.

October 26th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Veteran
I agree with Summer70. Dr's have no business making you feel that way. You will have an amazing, healthy pregnancy and birth!

October 26th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Super Mommy
I am in a similar situation. I was overweight before my pregnancy. I have had insulin-dependent GD with 2 previous pregnancies. And I have hypertension which I am on meds for. I went to a OB here in my town, but all he did was make me feel terrible about myself. So I switched to a different OB and I am so glad I did! She has never said anything negative to me. You shouldn't be made to feel bad. I would say, if you are, find a new doctor.
Gavyn & Kendric - 8
Joseph - 18 months
Step-mom to:
Kiersten - 8
October 31st, 2012, 12:52 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think they are just being proactive and cautious. I am very over weight and this is my first preg. The doc did a one hr glucose at my first appt and it came back 142. That's too high so they scheduled me for a three hr test. While its scary and I wonder if I should be doing this, I might not have another chance. Don't let it make you feel bad. Take comfort in knowing you have a Dr that is willing to take the time to make sure you stay healthy for your baby.

Congrats!

November 7th, 2012, 05:29 AM
Veteran
Pps are right, you should not feel down. Your dr's order for these various kind of tests is necessity to have your health closely monitored esp. if you have GD as there are lots of complications accompanying with this health condition. Don't worry too much, dr is doing the right thing.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search