thoughts on if I would be high risk??

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dee Darling 3

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 5th, 2012, 12:35 PM
princess136's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi all, I am currently in my TWW and will start testing on Friday October 12th.

My background is this:
My first DD was born at 37 weeks. Easy pregnancy/easy but long delivery. Very healthy
My 2nd DD was born at 33 weeks. contractions started in 5th month, leaked amniotic fluid in 6th and 7th month. went into pre term labor at 33 wks. spent 10 days in NICU for infection, severe acid reflux that caused her to stop breathing and respiratory problems.
I suffered a recent loss at 9w3d. Baby never developed, just gestational sac. Had D&C at 10 weeks as didn't pass on my own. Then turned complicated due to infection from D&C.
I also suffer from severe migraines and I got off of my preventative meds back in January due to birth defects and suffer greatly from them. Sometimes one a week that requires shots of Morphine.

My questions/advice is would you consider next pregnancy to be high risk? I am changing OB's due to the way doctor handled the miscarriage and resulting infection and her attitude that my next pregnancy would be fine, no problems and we could "talk" about progesterone shots and more frequent U/S, but no need to do anything in the beginning.

I appreciate any advice as I see many of you have much more high risk issues then I wish you had.

Thanks!

~Kristin~
October 5th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
This is something that you would need to speak to an OB about. You may not be typical high risk, but with a preterm birth (33 weeks) and leaking amniotic fluid as well as the PTL, you will probably get some extra monitoring during the pregnancy.\

Good luck and I hope you have a sticky bean soon!
princess136 likes this.
October 13th, 2012, 10:02 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was considered high risk after going into preterm labor with my first pregnancy. I have migraines too--that didn't add to it.. miscarriage doesn't usually mean high risk unless you have had several or more. I am not sure. If you are, your OB will probably refer you for extra monitoring with a Perinatologist (High Risk OB).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search