Haven't posted in quite some time - updates and questions

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 25th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Hi all. I haven't posted since I was about 14 weeks along. I had a previous miscarriage 2 years back. I also have a history of Endometriosis, fibroids and cysts. And I had complications early on in this pregnancy. After having some bleeding at about 10 weeks, I found out I have an incompetent cervix, and it was starting to funnel so I opted to have a cerclage. It has been a ROUGH pregnancy. I can't even count how many times I've seen the inside of an ER, and I've been on strict bed rest for pretty much the duration of my pregnancy. I am now 34 weeks, and 2 days along, and so incredibly uncomfortable. I feel so much pressure low in my belly and my little one refuses to stay off my bladder. My doctor is planning on taking my cerclage stitches out at 36 weeks. She told me that since my daughter has already dropped that she is predicting I will go into natural labor around 37/38 weeks. Anyone out there had a cerclage, and what was your experience once you went into labor? Did you end up having to have a c-section, or did you deliver vaginally? I'm just trying to get a feel of what to expect. Any feedback is appreciated! Hope all is well with everyone.

November 25th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I dont have experience with this but i wanted to say how happy i am for you. You sound like you have had a rough pregnancy, much like my first two. It is going to be so wonderfull when you see your baby. Im so happy that your close to delivering. I will keep you in my prayers. Please keep us updated.
November 26th, 2012, 07:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry I personally haven't had a clerage so I can't answer any questions. But congratulations on making it this far and I hope you do make it to 37 or 38 weeks.
November 30th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know one gf in real life who had a cerclage placed, (after a previous 20wk loss, and early funneling and pre-term labor again) but still ended up on Ronald McDonald House bedrest at the biggest hospital with a level 4 NICU until 34-36 wks. Finally they removed her cerclage and she was allowed to go home, and I can't remember, but I think it was 2 wks later she went into labor and progressed just fine and had a vaginal birth to a relatively big baby boy. I haven't heard any stories that make it sound like the cerclage would make it more difficult to progress with a vaginal birth, but I certainly don't know all of the related facts. Hopefully some of our other cerclage mommies will see your question and answer with some helpful information for you. Good luck! It sounds like you've had a rough time, and could use lots of Easy Labor Vibes. I'll be sending them your way!!

December 1st, 2012, 08:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I should mention that the only risks I've seen w/ clerclage is is you go into labor and the clerclage is still in place.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search