Anyone used/using progesterone???

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 23rd, 2012, 03:44 PM
Suesue77's Avatar Susan
I'm preg with my third child and my dr plans to start progesterone shots at 16 wks due to 2 premature births previously (both healthy & happy thank God!).... I just read that there are different kinds of progesteroneill, shot...which is better? Also, has it worked for you?
December 26th, 2012, 05:20 PM
pinkpopsicles's Avatar Super Mommy
I began the shots at 16 weeks but I started running fevers after getting my shots so my doc switched me to the suppositories. I think they're working better for me actually. Not as many contractions. Have to take them daily though and they're kind of messy.

December 26th, 2012, 05:36 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I did the suppositories. They weren't fun, but I think they helped! You kind of leak out little goopy bits throughout the day, so you may want to wear a pantyliner. Otherwise they aren't too bad. Good luck!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

December 26th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Suesue77's Avatar Susan
Thanks girls!
December 27th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Veteran
I gave myself shots during my last pregnancy. With my first son, my water broke around 27 weeks and he was born at 32. With my second, the shots kept me going til 39 weeks.

So I'd say the shots worked for me. Good luck!
December 28th, 2012, 05:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I used the shots and other than some soreness they were fine. My first was a preemie and i used the progesterone with my second and she was born at 38 weeks. Good luck with them, please keep us updated.
December 28th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Suesue77's Avatar Susan
Oh, thank you guys so much! That's th big fear I've had with this pregnancy and I feel like a weight has been lifted- thank you
January 16th, 2013, 09:53 AM
I had my first baby at 32 weeks. I'm getting the progesterone shots this time around, and am now in my 34th week. I can't believe we've made it this far; I'm convinced it's the injections!
January 16th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The shots are amazing. I am taking them now and im pretty confident they will hold off labor.
January 17th, 2013, 10:35 AM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm taking them now as well, have been since 17 weeks. My last DD was born at 34 weeks. Though I still started BH ctx at 20 weeks (which have my doctors a little unnerved) my cervix still looks great! Even having a chance of term baby makes the rest of this totally worth it.

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.
January 18th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a progesterone deficiency, and I have taken the shots during my last three pregnancies. I WANTED to use the suppositories, but my numbers were never stable enough. I swear the injections worked too, I have three preterm babies, but after multiple losses I swear the progesterone is beneficial.

January 21st, 2013, 02:12 PM
princess136's Avatar Super Mommy
I am doing the shots. Started them at 16 weeks and while I have headaches afterwards, I really hope they work. This is my first time using them. Both my girls were premature, but my 2nd was very premature at 33 weeks. So I will doa almost anything to up my chances of having a term baby.

Good luck!

~Kristin~
February 4th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Crystal_Lynn's Avatar Ari and Zev's Mommy
My first little one was born at 32 weeks. Took the 17p injections from 17-35 weeks with my second. When contractions would break through at the end of the week I took procardia to control them, from 31.5 weeks until 37 weeks. My stinker was born at 38+1 weeks. I'm pretty sure that without the progesterone and procardia I'd have had another 32 or 33 weeker. I was 3 cm and 70% for over 6 weeks.

Good luck to you!

.My Pregnancy Blog.Last update: 01.05.12.

Some babies are born to soon and/or too sick. Arm yourself with knowledge, visit marchofdimes.com!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search