Hi ladies! Looking for some advice from you mommies who have SVT!

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Wee3monkeys
  • 1 Post By bcogoli
  • 1 Post By *Whiskey*

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 14th, 2013, 11:55 AM
AmbzAsh's Avatar Little Miss Sunshine
Hi ladies!

I am new to this website as well as this board. I recently found out that I was pregnant and will admit that I am rather nervous. I actually found out when I went in to the hospital for my second cardiac ablation. They were unable to do the procedure because of the pregnancy. SURPRISE! :-)

I am looking for anyone who is currently pregnant/has been pregnant and has SVT. I am nervous as to how this is going to affect my pregnancy. I do not have my first ultrasound/appt until February 5th (I'm so impatient!) but I have been instructed to just take it easy until then.

Thank you all so much in advance for any information you can give me

Thanks!
January 14th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!!!

I dont have SVT but i have been having some heart problems with this pregnancy. Actually my son has a history of SVT so im very familiar with it. I would suggest getting all your doctors on the same page and being very proactive with your care. Your now responsible for your health and the babys health so dont ever feel like your asking to many questions. I would also ask your ob for a quick consult prior to feb. They may be willing to give you an appointment without an ultrasound before then. I will keep you in my prayers. Please keep us updated.
January 15th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Thanks bcogoli!

I tried asking them about an appointment prior to my ultrasound on Feb 5th. They just told me to take it easy until then and they would really like to wait until then so we can do the ultrasound at gthe same time...instead of making me come in twice. My original appt wasn't until end of February so I'm very glad that they moved it up. Just hoping it's not too early to detect a heartbeat!

I will keep you updated! Thank you so much for your kind words!
January 15th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How far along will you be at your appointment,
January 15th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcogoli View Post
How far along will you be at your appointment,
I should be about 7 weeks at my appt.
January 18th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratualtions on your pregnancy! I don't actually know what SVT is, but I do know the original procedure you were having. I have family members with heart conditions but no personal experience to help you. I'll be wishing you luck! Keep us posted! Like bcogoli said, you are your best advocate, don't worry about asking all the questions you want; it's your job!
AmbzAsh likes this.

January 18th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You should be able to get a heart beat at 7 weeks. I cant wait to hear how you and baby are doing.
AmbzAsh likes this.
January 19th, 2013, 08:04 AM
*Whiskey*'s Avatar Blessed
I don't have SVT I have a minor tachycardial PVC but I wanted to say the best thing you can do is take care of yourself as best you can. Avoid stressful situations and take it easy.

I found this medical journal and thought it might be of interest to you:
Supraventricular tachycardia in pregnancy
AmbzAsh likes this.

Tags
cardiac , newmommy , svt

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search