Wondering if I have GD already at 12 wks?

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2013, 04:10 PM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I asked my OB at my last visit if I should check my blood sugar yet and she not to even worry about it yet. Well, I didn't listen and have checked it several times in the last few days. The only two fasting numbers I took were 102 and 115. Two hour post-meal level was 138. Five and a half hours after a meal it was 121.

Thoughts?

Should I call the doc and tell them about it??

Last full-term pregnancy they told me fasting levels should be below 100. Does that number apply now, this early on??

[/url]

February 24th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I dont think you can get an accurate blood sugar level until mid second or third trimester. During the first half of the pregnancy i think your body is still to out of wack to do blood sugar levels. I know its hard to not worry but try to not think about it.

Overall how are you feeling?
February 24th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Coffee_Bean's Avatar Cuz I got it like that!
Send a message via Yahoo to Coffee_Bean
I was diagnosed with GD at 6 weeks pregnant. I was spilling tons of protien into my urine and she put me on meds fast. Bc if not it could lead to a lot of health problems for baby. My numbers need to be between 100-130. I check it 4 times a day. Fasting for an hour in the morning and an hr after each meal. I also eat snacks in between, cheese, protein.

Patiently TTC#2

M/C April 2012
M/C August 2012
M/C March 2013
M/C January 2014
February 24th, 2013, 05:46 PM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee_Bean View Post
I was diagnosed with GD at 6 weeks pregnant. I was spilling tons of protien into my urine and she put me on meds fast. Bc if not it could lead to a lot of health problems for baby. My numbers need to be between 100-130. I check it 4 times a day. Fasting for an hour in the morning and an hr after each meal. I also eat snacks in between, cheese, protein.
What did they tell you the fasting level should not go above?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcogoli View Post
I dont think you can get an accurate blood sugar level until mid second or third trimester. During the first half of the pregnancy i think your body is still to out of wack to do blood sugar levels. I know its hard to not worry but try to not think about it.

Overall how are you feeling?
I'm feeling OK. Some headaches, tired, of course, etc. But I know that GD doesn't have many symptoms (if any) so it's not an indication of whether I have GD or not.

[/url]

February 26th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi! Those numbers are a little high, but not terrible terrible. My Perinatologist tells me my fasting should be below 95, 140 or below an hour after meals, or 120 or below 2 hours after meals. I check mine 4 times a day too. My last pregnancy I couldn't keep my numbers under control no matter how good I ate, and I had to take Glyburide in the mornings which helped enough. This time my numbers are much better with just diet. You're body and every pregnancy seem to be different. I WOULD call your doctor, and talk to them about it. If you have had it before, they should want to test you a little bit earlier than normal, most especially if you are already checking and seeing elevated numbers.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search