HELLP Syndrome, Pre Eclampsia

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jaiken33@yahoo.com

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 26th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well I'm back.... I had posted only briefly before but was a big time lurker until my pregnancy was deemed no longer high risk, from an SCH that had reabsorbed, at that time I unsubscribed.

Well I had a midwife appointment today and things didn't go as great as I would have liked. I'm 28 weeks today, my blood glucose test was done today and came back as a pass!

However there was a protein in my urine (she claimed only trace amounts) combined with a pain on my right side, slightly elevated bp and what seemed like wonky liver enzymes in my blood test. I am going tomorrow morning for a complete work up and we should know more after that, but she said that she is worried about HELLP Syndrome.

According to google (and oh let me tell you, stay the hell off of google!!!) The only treatment is delivering the baby! This has me totally panicked. For obvious reasons I want baby to stay nice and warm and safe inside my uterus!

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of HELLP?

February 26th, 2013, 03:11 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I don't have experience with it myself, but a good friend had it. By the time a doc listened to her concerns she was in really bad shape, so it is awesome that your doc is being proactive and checking everything out. Fingers crossed that everything is okay and you can bake your little one for many more weeks!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

February 27th, 2013, 10:22 AM
I had HELLP Syndrome with my daughter in 2003. Fortunately, we both survived and we are planning her 10th birthday in a few week. The nurse is right, if it is HELLP they will need to talk about how soon they can deliver keeping your health and the baby's in mind. It is a very serious disease and can get ugly fast- I am not trying to scare you, but make sure you realize that it's very serious. I would also recommend looking at the Preeclampsia Foundation's website. preeclampsia.org. They are a wonderful resource with completely fact-based information certified by a medical board of directors that talks about Preeclampsia, HELLP Syndrome and other hyper-tensive disorders. you are lucky it was caught early, as it's often mis-diagnosed. One of the great things about the Foundation is that there are local 'chapter' or groups of volunteers nationwide (I'm not sure where you are) where you can get connected with other survivors in addition to learning about the disease on their website. I would encourage you to look at their site and contact them with questions. Take care!!!
crunchywannabe likes this.
February 28th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think the above information is exceptional. I don't have anything further on HELLP as I am not overly familiar with it. Good luck though, I hope you get some more answers after your second appointment!

April 9th, 2013, 10:10 PM
LovingMyLittleMan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
HELLP Syndrome is extremely dangerous. I had Pre-e and HELLP and within 30 minutes of my work up(blood and urine) I was in the OR for an emergency c-section to deliver a month before my due date. That was 2 years ago and we're both great!
April 20th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
when I was pregnant with my daughter(back in 88-89) I had toxemia along with high blood pressure.The doctor put me on bed rest in my 8th month,no salt and lots of water.The only time I could get up was to go to the bathroom and to eat.I went a little over 2 weeks early and everything turned out fine.

So fast forward to 2007 when I pregnant with my son and my feet began swelling in my second trimester.My doctor kept a close eye on things and I ended up spilling protein in my urine and blood pressure went up....Pre Eclampsia and toxemia ....Put on bed rest in my 8th month again and went frequently to monitor baby...Was induced at week 39 and had a c-section.Was put on magnesium before delivering and afterwards to avoid possible seizures.Me and my son were both fine.

hugs I know it is scary....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search