what should i do?

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2013, 09:12 PM
first, I thought i'd share a little bit of my story.

baby #1:
when I was 6 weeks pregnant with her I was "spotting", the er dr told me that there was a tear in between the placenta&uterus. he said a miscarriage was possible. my water broke at 22 weeks. she lived for an hour. june 2008.

baby #2:
she was born at 37 weeks. November 2011.

baby #3:
I was 25 weeks pregnant when I had a placental abruption. i began hemorhagging. they performed an emergency C-section, received a blood transfusion. apparently, the placenta was also calcified. my son had serious complications due to this and lived for 2 weeks. September 2012.

I am now pregnant with baby #4. due in October. I am seeing the same doctor that I saw with my last two. in fact I haven't even seen him, yet. they do these pregnancy counseling session type meetings with you at the office I go to. went to that yesterday. they scheduled my due date ultrasound two weeks from now, they will then make my first exam. WHY are they treating this pregnancy like it is no big deal?! I am scared to death for this baby, my daughter, my family&myself. I'm afraid that another placental abruption will occur, or something else. what should I do??!
February 28th, 2013, 04:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Im so sorry all this has happened, Congrats on the pregnancy!!! If your not 100% comfortable with your ob then find a new one. This is your life and your baby's life so you need to feel confident in the care you are receiving. If you do switch ob's make sure they get all your medical records and explaine your experiences and your concerns. Its ok to ask "what is the plan?". I have had 2 miscarriages, one preemie, one full term and with my current pregnancy we lost baby b at 9 weeks . Were currently due with a baby girl in May. At my first appointment my ob went over the care plan for my whole pregnancy, she did say things can change and they have but she has adjusted things accordingly.

I really hope you can get some answers and a good plan for the pregnancy. I will keep you all in my prayers.
February 28th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi! I'm so terribly sorry for your losses, but on a happy note CONGRATS on this new pregnancy. Get a referral to a Perinatologist! With two seriously preterm placental abruptions, you should be receiving extra monitoring and I would be demanding it. You are you're best advocate, talk to your doctor about it and about a referral. Good luck!!!

Lots of doctors think they can handle things, and they can normally; but a Perinatologist is trained to look for, notice, and monitor above normal issues. My regular doctor doesn't even want to talk to me about pregnancy issues, I see my Perinatologist as my universal OB. Even if you're doctor thinks he can treat you as a normal patient, I would ask for a referral to a Perinatologist just to discuss your past pregnancy/deliveries, and talk about things to watch for, maybe.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search