went to the ER yesterday :(... help?

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By momof8lopez
  • 1 Post By amajor87
  • 2 Post By amajor87

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Veteran
Ok so I was in the ER yesterday because I had more spotting then I was comfortable with in the morning. It was on tissue and pink. I continued to spot all day while in the ER (although I think alot had to do with being examined all day) It was never bright red. So they never could find anything on the ultrasound and when they took my blood my HCG was only at 183. I was upstairs with my aunt (who runs the ER in this hospital) and an older man (radiologist) came in and said straight forward "I can't see anything at all, your bleeding and your HCG is low so I think your having a miscarriage."

I started to cry of course because I never expected it to be so set in stone. The woman he came in with looked at him and was clearly concerned with his words (she didnt look happy..a young girl) She said to him "Well shes REALLY early in her pregnancy!" (Im only 5 weeks tomorrow) After dealing with him I went back to the ER and had another doctor talk to me and give me more sound advice and opinions. Also he thinks I have a UTI and prescribed me pills for that, which I read could cause the bleeding? Pretty much Im a high risk miscarriage and he's thinking 1 of three things will happen

1. I already had the miscarriage
2. I will have the miscarriage
3. I will be fine and have the baby

So my question is if I had had the miscarriage already would I have noticed? Besides yesterday the one time I haven't had alot of blood just pink or brown spots (like practically nothing) The spotting stopped completely last night (and this is how its been since I found out, on and off spotting) All the stories i'm reading is that your feeling alot of pain and its bright red blood? I have to go in tomorrow for another HCG test to see if my levels went up. Im really praying they do
March 28th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Veteran
has anyone gone through this before? Im really freaking over here
March 28th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
How do you come up with being 5 weeks,w hat I mean is how did you track ovulation/go off last period etc? Different things can factor into the bleeding. As far as ultrasound I know it is very difficult to see much that early on and if you are off on dates even by days that could really make a difference in what they would possible see. With a beta of 183 I could see you not being quite 5 weeks.

There is really no way to give a solid answer on what you would feel or not because it is different for everyone and every pregnancy. For me, spotting every shade of pink brown and red and even clots in pregnancy is something I have exxperienced everytime. Some women know the instant something starts to happen, and others may have No symptoms at all until the go for a routine exam. I am sorry you are going through this, I know it is so very scarey and hope thats tomorrows numbers are good for you.

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
March 28th, 2013, 11:36 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I wish I could give you a better answer, but a repeat beta is really the only way to know for sure. You usually can't see anything on an ultrasound until your HCG is around 1200, so not seeing anything is absolutely normal for 183.

I have had bleeding/spotting of all colors during both of my pregnancies...for some women that is completely normal.

I hope you get some answers tomorrow!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

March 28th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Veteran
I based the 5 weeks off of my last period. I know I am not any more than 3 weeks since conception if not less because I O'd late. I;m hoping im just REALLY early right now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
How do you come up with being 5 weeks,w hat I mean is how did you track ovulation/go off last period etc? Different things can factor into the bleeding. As far as ultrasound I know it is very difficult to see much that early on and if you are off on dates even by days that could really make a difference in what they would possible see. With a beta of 183 I could see you not being quite 5 weeks.

There is really no way to give a solid answer on what you would feel or not because it is different for everyone and every pregnancy. For me, spotting every shade of pink brown and red and even clots in pregnancy is something I have exxperienced everytime. Some women know the instant something starts to happen, and others may have No symptoms at all until the go for a routine exam. I am sorry you are going through this, I know it is so very scarey and hope thats tomorrows numbers are good for you.
Thanks!! Im hoping things go well tomorrow, but waiting today is killing me I've only had a tiny bit of brown spotting today, and really bad nausea last night so i'm hoping these are good signs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMH View Post
I wish I could give you a better answer, but a repeat beta is really the only way to know for sure. You usually can't see anything on an ultrasound until your HCG is around 1200, so not seeing anything is absolutely normal for 183.

I have had bleeding/spotting of all colors during both of my pregnancies...for some women that is completely normal.

I hope you get some answers tomorrow!
March 28th, 2013, 03:13 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you O'd that late, Im assuming you just got a bfp within the last couple of days? If that's the case, then you are probably not even 4wks yet, hense the low beta and no sac yet. Praying you guet good betas and your just really early.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

March 28th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Veteran
I found out saturday I was preggo. I had been taking tests everyday up until then.
March 28th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Veteran
ive been having alot of nausea since last night and today :\ could that be a good thing?
March 28th, 2013, 05:03 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by amajor87 View Post
ive been having alot of nausea since last night and today :\ could that be a good thing?
If you just found out Saturday, I'd say your in GREAT SHAPE! All of your symptoms are excellent too
KMH likes this.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

March 28th, 2013, 06:12 PM
zonee@gmail.com's Avatar Veteran
Try not to stress and worry. You could be really early on so that is why they think your number is low, repeating it will ease those concerns and once you can, an ultrasound. Bleeding (light no large clots) and spotting can very normal. Follow up with your reg obgyn to get more info and the beta. Wishing you a healthy and sticky little bean
March 29th, 2013, 05:52 AM
Veteran
thank you all for the encouraging words. I will be leaving to go to the doctor in about a half hour. My nerves are off the charts right now Praying for good news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonee@gmail.com View Post
Try not to stress and worry. You could be really early on so that is why they think your number is low, repeating it will ease those concerns and once you can, an ultrasound. Bleeding (light no large clots) and spotting can very normal. Follow up with your reg obgyn to get more info and the beta. Wishing you a healthy and sticky little bean
I've been googling to try and find this answer but what is considered light? Most of the time its really like a dot but maybe 3 times it was more than that. Nothing compared to a period and it was only when using the bathroom. Ive never had more than little dots on a liner. Sorry if this is TMI
March 29th, 2013, 09:25 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
try not to worry, unfortunately repeat blood draws when you are this early are the only semi-reliable insight you will have on what's happening with your pregnancy until you're a little further along.

I've had 1 early m/c (around 5wks) and it's very similar to a normal period flow - a bit heavier and mine lasted maybe a couple days longer. If you are m/c, normally that would happen fairly quickly (days usually) after spotting begins as your levels are already quite low being so early in pregnancy.

There are, however, a lot of other explanations for spotting early on - including late implantation bleed, irritation to your cervix and subchorionic hematoma (SCH), in which case everything may be fine. Wishing you very good luck with your blood draws, I hope you get reassuring news.

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
March 29th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Veteran
my levels came back 620!!!!

Tinky and Dee Darling 3 like this.
March 29th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Veteran
my levels came back 620!!!!

Tinky likes this.
March 29th, 2013, 12:49 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Congrats!!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

March 30th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
Good! I am glad to hear they are rising.

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
March 31st, 2013, 09:05 AM
Veteran
i feel like im on a rollercoaster lol. I passed a really small clot yesterday. Maybe the size of a pea. Nothing else since then and nothing before it. I feel fine, but it really freaked me out. My husband thinks it'll probably be ok. I have an appointment for friday to retest my levels and do an ultrasound. Since I was 620 on friday should I be over 1000 by today? Part of me kinda wants to go earlier just to make sure things are ok but I wasnt sure at what HCG they will see the baby on the ultrasound. Trying to stay calm lol.
April 1st, 2013, 03:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on the high HCG! don't worry about the small clot, unless you start passing more with bright red blood.

I've had a couple early (5-6 wk) m/c. I didn't have pain, but lots of heavy bleeding (bright red) and large clots. Very different from my regular period flow. The first time I didn't even realize I was pg, but knew I was late (DH and I had been using condoms, so I didn't think I'd be pg) and feeling "off".

I hope your numbers are even better this week. Sticky dust to your little bean.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search