We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Im 34 weeks but only measuring 30 weeks. I go back friday to see if she is growing and to decide a delivery plan from there. Has anyone delivered early due to the baby measuring behind? Im also in pre labor so im contracting alot but not dialating. I want what is best for her but i dont know what that is now. Any advice would be great, thank you!
U/s at this point can be up to 2 or more weeks off. I think the question is (if you've had other growth u/s), how is baby measuring compared to previous growth u/s measurements.
As to what to do, if baby is growing and not in distress, the longer baby bakes, the better. Not fun for you with contractions, but best for baby.
With my last baby, I had contractions from 33 weeks until I deliver at 37 weeks, 4 days - every.single.day. It wasn't fun and I didn't dilate much for the first 2 weeks. From 35+ weeks, I was between 1 and 3 cm, and never progressed beyond that. This was in contrast to baby number 2 (PTL, dilating to 2+ and delivered at 35.5 weeks).
I had little rose via emergency c/s because she failed a BPP - and went from within normal ranges at a 30 week growth u/s to measuring only slightly bigger at 37+ weeks. I was in complete shock and neither my dr or I suspected this. She was and is fine, but small. Not sure if it's just because of the IUGR or her genetics at this point.
I would definitely ask about the possibility of the shots to help mature baby's lungs (there's 2 given 24 hours apart). Also ask about whether a biophysical profile of the baby would beneficial to see how everything else with baby is.
Good luck, and keep us posted.
Mom to M (6), K (4), and little rose (18 months)
I had another ultrasound yesterday and she is doing about the same. She is still small but my fluid level went up so she is doing ok for now. They nixed the idea of inducing early because im starting to dialate so they think i could go into labor any day now. The ob is hoping to get her to 5lbs before delivery. She has about a pound to gain before were at that goal. I will keep you updated.