Water broke at 24 weeks and 2 days

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By momof8lopez
  • 1 Post By bcogoli
  • 1 Post By Dee Darling 3

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 4th, 2013, 05:31 PM
On May 1st my water broke at 24 weeks and 2 days and Ive been in the hospital since on bed rest. When i first got here I had no amniotic fluid but these past couple of days there has been very little and my Dr says its better than none. Ive had 2 steroid shots since Ive been here to help babies lungs develop, Ive been on Iv's and antibiotics to help keep away infection. My sons heart rate is steady and he still constantly moves but of course Im extremely nervous. My cervix is still closed and i havent had any contractions Im now heading into my 25th week and i am staying prayed up and positive. Any advice or encouraging words would be very helpful.
May 4th, 2013, 06:41 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im not a high risk pregnancy, but wanted to tell you what a WONDERFUL job you are doing baking that little boy. Have faith in a higher up (god if you believe) you are doing all possible to bring this little boy home healthy. Each day is such a huge milestone for him in you, you should be proud of your body for holding out so good. I have no advice to pass the time, I hope you are getting some support from family, friends or the baby's father. I can say to post away here on JM as much as possible, look for on line support groups of PROM and educate yourself for a preemie. (hopefully not a micro preemie). Lots of prayers to you sweetheart, your already an incredibly strong mama for all you are going through, this little boy is very lucky to have you as a mama.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

May 4th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Thank you so much for your encouraging words i really needed that!!!
May 5th, 2013, 04:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Im so sorry sweetie! I went throught the same thing although i was further along. I was in the hospital for 4.5 weeks before they induced me. My little boy is now 4 and starting kindergarten this fall. You can do it! Its scary and tiring and really overwhelming but you can do it. I will keep you all in my prayers!
LG3ProudMom likes this.
May 5th, 2013, 08:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
:hugs: I hope you can bake your little guy as long as possible, many more weeks ideally. It's good that there's no contractions and your cervix is still closed. I will be praying for you both.
LG3ProudMom likes this.
March 5th, 2014, 04:13 PM
Veteran
Hi im in the same situation as you but the best thing we can do is stay positive and busy even tho its hard i know trust me my water broke at 21 weeks im now 24 weeks and 4 days ive been on hospital bedrest this whole time its taking some getting use to but every week we last is 3 days less they have to stay thats what the doc me btw but whenever you need someone to talk to im always here we"ll get through this

Wow havent been on in awhile time to update the tickers lol sry
March 13th, 2014, 08:16 AM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Statistics are in your favor. By hitting 25 weeks, your baby's chances of survival just shot up tremendously. If you can make it to 28 weeks, your baby has a 98% survival rate.

My son was born at 37 weeks, but had major health problems and had to stay in a high level NICU for several weeks. Every single other baby in his room was a micropreemie. I don't think any of his roommates had been born after 30 weeks. It was tough for them. They had a lot of fighting to do. But they all made progress, everyday. In the entire time my son was there, not a single baby died, not even the baby who had to have open heart surgery right there in the NICU because he was too unstable to move to an OR (his mother had abused meth during pregnancy). In fact, he didn't need a ventilator, and my 37 weeker did! The only time I saw a baby leave my son's NICU was because they were doing so well that they were being transferred to a regular NICU.

I'm praying that you don't go into labor anytime soon. But if you do, know that your baby's going to make it. It won't be easy, but one day your baby will leave the hospital in a cute going home outfit

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

Tags
high risk pregnancy , water breaking

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search