worried baby will come early

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 22nd, 2013, 11:06 AM
Hi everyone. I am currently 31 weeks pregnant with my second child at 27 weeks I started contracting and the dr told me that it was just braxton hicks. I went in for my 30 week appt and he hooked me up to the monitors and seen that they were pretty regular so he sent me to L&D the gave me the shots for the lungs and 3 shots of (brethine) sp to stop contractions and sent me home becasue i had not dialated and contractions and slowed down from 5 min apart to 15 the next day I went back for the second dose of the celestone for lungs and i was 1cm dilated and contractions were 10 min apart so they gave me more brethine and hooked my up to magnesium sulfate and kept me for 20 hours to try an get them to stop that way the eventually did and they sent me home on full bed rest monitored diet and a strict no sex rule. I have still been contracting off and on but today when I went to bend down I felt a slight pop between my legs and an intense amount of pressure for a second then it stopped now when i shift i get these stabbing pains between my legs and ive read that i could be my cervix opening more which is freaking me out becasue my dr told me he will not deliver this baby before 35 weeks he will send me to syracuse for nicu my first son was born at 35 weeks and 5 days and this one is being just as stubborn i go to the dr tomorrow so i plan on asking him about it and having him check for any more dialtion or if its just the baby pushing a bit but i can definately tell hes dropped alot in the past 2 weeks im nervous that he will be early and will end up in the hospital for a long time at 30 weeks he was 3lbs 10 oz and had gained 1 lb in a week and a half so i know his weight might be ok but has anyone else had anything else like this happen and how could i possibly stop it ive been on bedrest for 3 days hardly doing anything at all but getting up to pee i dont understadn why its not working. please help
May 22nd, 2013, 05:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you are going through this. I am glad you got the steroid shots and that your dr has told you if you deliver prior to 35 weeks, he's having you go to a level 3 NICU hospital. It's possible you are still dilating, but it could just be pressure of the baby you feel.

With my third child, I was put on nifedipine to stop contractions. I took it for a few weeks until I was 34+ weeks. I had already had magnesium and terbutaline. You may want to ask your dr about it. I know other women this has worked for as well. BTW, I was dilated to a 3 from 31 weeks to 37 weeks when I ended up delivering her. I hope you have the same experience.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search