Pregnant a year after having a novasure uterine ablation

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 5th, 2013, 03:37 PM
mamaleddie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello ladies..I'm searching for anyone who has had a successful pregnancy after having a uterine abation. I am currently 9 weeks pregant with my 7th child. I had this procedure done last year. I'd just like to share stories, and if anyone is currently pregnant after ablation it would be so cool to be in touch! There is not alot of positive stuff on the interweb..just taking it one day at a time, so far so good...TIA!
Toni-Ann~10
Sicily Rae~7
Yasmine Joanne~5
Aaron Michael Junior~ONE!!!! Adalyn Marie-Morrison has arrived! 11/25/2013! 34 weeks..doing well!
July 5th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Janisdkh's Avatar Mommy of soon to be 5!
Send a message via MSN to Janisdkh
Oh my goodness! I have never heard of such a thing. Is this super rare like falling pregnant while tubes are tied? I am amazed. Sorry to ask these questions but wow.. Btw you have beautiful children. I am on my 5th.. This baby was unplanned but we are happy. Good luck <3 I hope everything goes well

July 24th, 2013, 05:17 PM
mamaleddie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well I'm 16 weeks pregnant now, and YES, it's rare just like pregnancy after a tubal. So far so good..it's a little girl!
Toni-Ann~10
Sicily Rae~7
Yasmine Joanne~5
Aaron Michael Junior~ONE!!!! Adalyn Marie-Morrison has arrived! 11/25/2013! 34 weeks..doing well!
July 25th, 2013, 06:38 AM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
It depends on how well the ablation took. I happen to have had an ablation just this past may, although I had a tubal the year prior.

Did you continue to get periods after the ablation? If so, that is a good sign. It means that you still have endometrial lining left, and that can support the pregnancy. Eighty-six percent of women who have had an ablation continue to get periods.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

August 11th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Hi MamaLeddie!
I hope all is well with you as your post is a few weeks old. Like you I've been scouring the web trying to find someone who has or is experiencing pregnancy after an ablation.

I am 21 weeks along with what has seemed to be a pretty normal pregnancy. So far I've just had extra appointments compared to my previous pregnancies.

I see a perinatalogist tomorrow for the first time.

I've been overly anxious during this pregnancy and I have yet to find a Dr. who has any experience with a birth after ablation.
August 12th, 2013, 12:46 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im praying for the best outcome for you! What I'm curious about is, why Dr.'s don't tell there patients that uterine ablation is not a form of permanent birth control. It is not like getting your tubes tied, not at all. Ablation is soley done for the purpose of women who are experiencing abnormal periods. It is only 85% effective as a birth control, worse than condoms. I asked about this, but when the dr. told me I'd have to use another form of birth control with it, I thought "what's the point"? Plus the high risk part of getting pregnant is worse than getting pregnant after a tubal.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

August 12th, 2013, 02:49 PM
My Dr. was very honest about ablation not being a form of birth control. My hubby's vasectomy was canceled and he never rescheduled. We were using 'back up' but obviously there was a failure.

The point of my ablation was to reduce the amount of bleeding during menstruation. It was not meant to be birth control it was a way for me to avoid a hysterectomy in my 30's. My dr's office now will only do an ablation along with a form of permanent female birth control.
August 12th, 2013, 02:49 PM
My Dr. was very honest about ablation not being a form of birth control. My hubby's vasectomy was canceled and he never rescheduled. We were using 'back up' but obviously there was a failure.

The point of my ablation was to reduce the amount of bleeding during menstruation. It was not meant to be birth control it was a way for me to avoid a hysterectomy in my 30's. My dr's office now will only do an ablation along with a form of permanent female birth control.
November 26th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Hi everyone. I am new here. On September 6th of this year I had the novasure done. Afterwards I bled for eight weeks. My breast kept hurting like I was coming on over and over again. My gyno gave me some birth control that she had me take at an accelerated rate which stopped it. After the birth control ran out I had my period for four days which is what I thought I was gonna be stuck with even though I wanted my period to cease entirely. But this month, nothing. Well, except for some pinkish, mucousy spotting. This happened on Friday November 22. I'm scared I could be pregnant.
December 9th, 2013, 06:20 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
About 4% of women stop getting their periods after an ablation. Well, the period happens, but you don't bleed. After the first month, I stopped getting mine. Pink, mucousy spotting is all I ever get. I would call your doctor and have her check you out. But you might just not be getting bleeding anymore.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search