HCG and Progesterone Levels???

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By BabyBlessed91
  • 1 Post By KMH

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 14th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Hi everyone, my OB ordered a blood test to determine my hcg and progesterone levels since my periods are so irregular. I know I ovulated on Aug 1st. I did the test on 8/12/13 at 4pm at 3wks 5days. Well my HCG was 47 and my progesterone was 11.7. My question is have any of you had numbers similar to this and had a healthy pregnancy? The nurse said they like to see a prog level of 12 but didn't seem concerned. Should I push for them to do something? I have another test to make sure my HCG is doubling tomorrow. They are not checking my progesterone levels.
August 15th, 2013, 06:43 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Usually for an unmedicated cycle, docs like to see a progesterone above 10.

Your HCG sounds perfect for 3w5d! As long as you see a healthy increase (it doesn't have to double to be a viable pregnancy), I wouldn't worry at all! Congratulations!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

August 15th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Thank you so much. You have made me feel so much better. I go for my 2nd HCG testing today at 4. Hopefully it increases like it is suppose to.
KMH likes this.
August 16th, 2013, 10:31 AM
I just got the results of my 2nd HCG test. It more than doubled from 47 to 103. My progesterone was not checked again. I am 4 weeks and 1 day today. The doc said that she didn't see the need for a supplement since my HCG is rising nicely. You were right!
August 16th, 2013, 10:36 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Hip hip hooray Congratulations again and I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months!
BabyBlessed91 likes this.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

August 18th, 2013, 12:07 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Hooray for your HCG! Here's the fun thing about progesterone - if you are not making enough (I'll bet you are though, you are so close) they can just give you more! I took progesterone pills for the first 13 weeks of my second pregnancy because it was a fertility treatment pregnancy. The only side effect was that when I stopped it, I got hot flashes that were hours long. Extra progesterone won't hurt the baby, so if it makes you feel better, ask for it.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search