17 weeks with constant contractions

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 11th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Hi mamas,
I hate to say, this is my second time joining one of these boards.
I am 17 weeks with my third, a boy. Last time around, with DS, i started having contractions at 24 weeks, and after a few trips into L&D, i finally ended up being admitted for 4 days because they couldn't calm the ctxs, and i had a Fetal Fibronectin test (FFP) come back positive.
I went on to deliver DS by repeat c-section, at term. But after having constant contractions all day every day, and being on partial bedrest and taking nasty Terbutaline to calm the ctxs. It was diagnosed as "irritable uterus", and generally dismissed by all the drs. That was pretty frustrating.
That was 7 years ago.

I am now 17 weeks with #3. And i my uterus is gettin' all irritable, all over again.
Well, after alot of frustrations with my OB, including how they handled the high-risk thing last time, i switched, and got a brand new OB and high risk OB (maternal fetal med dr). They have done 2 u/s s to check for cervical length. After finding the length not worrisome last week (and even after I told her i was already starting to contract a ton) my new dr told me she was happy with how things look and she would see me in 4 weeks!!

Well, all the contracting is starting to get up there in frequency, like last time, only weeks earlier. I'm sitting here, noticing that they are coming every few minutes. I know what makes them worse, and have made sure to use the bathroom and drink lots of water.
I'm getting worried and frustrated that this is happening again, and don't want to share my worry with DH like last time, since he took it hard last time.

Ok. phew. Thanks for reading.
November 16th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So sorry. I've also heard laying on your left side helps ease them. Don't be afraid to get another opinion if you're not satisfied with the care you're getting, or to be seen by your high risk OB. Hugs and I hope they ease up.

November 17th, 2013, 02:34 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ive had bh in early pregnancy as well. With my 5th child, they started at 15wks and I got at least 15-20 of them a day. They never dilated me, and the high risk dr. also called it a irritable uterus as well. I went on to deliver full term. It was frustrating going to l&d ALL the time though and I got the nasty shot as well a few of those trips. You may never get a different diagnosis, as its not considered pre-term labor if your not dilating. Just have to get checked a million times if they are persistant and painful. Sorry your going through this again!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

November 18th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Thanks, ladies. This week has just been particularly tough because DH went out of town, right after i got put on bedrest. So just knowing that i am alone here, if something happens, has been stressful. I have no family around, but did manage to get a little bit of babysitting. If i am contracting, i just try to relax. But the other day i had lower backpain with the ctx, so that made me nervous.
I have a few other factors that make me high risk, so this pregnancy has been a little nerve wracking.
November 18th, 2013, 07:08 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wishing you a h&h 9 months. How long are you on bedrest?

November 18th, 2013, 04:31 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I have had friends with irritable uterus. I'm sorry you have to deal with it. Are you allowed to take baths? The weightlessness in the water seemed to help them.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search