Uterine Didelphys

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By iloveg
  • 1 Post By StephanieMitchell
  • 1 Post By iloveg

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 25th, 2013, 12:10 PM
I recently miscarried my first pregnancy. We found out AFTER the miscarriage that I have something called uterine didelphys....which means I have two uteri, two cervix, and one birth canal with a vaginal septum (a piece of tissue separating the two cervixes).

I have an appointment today with a fertility doctor so she can just check me over and make sure I am okay to start trying again.

I will keep you all posted with news. I was wondering though, if there were any women out there with this who had successful pregnancies and have been blessed with healthy babies? It would lift my spirits to read your stories.
November 25th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had never even heard of that and had to go look it up. I don't know anyone who has had that so I don't have a story to share, but wishing you luck.

November 26th, 2013, 12:14 PM
thanks Boos Moo. I went to the doctor yesterday, and she thinks I may have a septate uterus. If that is the case, it's easily fixed by removing the septum seperating the two cavities to make it one big normal sized womb. I am going in for a lab surgery to scope it out in January. I do have a vaginal septum, and she will for sure remove that. Sex will be MUCH more enjoyable for me at that point, which I am excited about!
Boos Moo likes this.
November 26th, 2013, 12:53 PM
StephanieMitchell's Avatar Super Mommy
I have a similar anomaly. My uterus is bicornuate and the split goes almost all the way to the cervix.
After over a year and a half of trying to conceive, I finally got pregnant in January of this year, only to have a miscarriage at around 8 weeks. It wasn't until after I got pregnant that the doctors saw the bicornuate uterus.
I ended up having to have a D&C and only 3 months later (and not even trying) I found out I was pregnant again! I'm now 24 weeks pregnant, and about to enter the 3rd trimester soon! The doctors say that everything is looking good, and my little girl is growing perfectly (in the 52nd percentile). There is still lots of room in there for her to grow and move, so everything is really looking great and I'm on track to have a healthy little girl in March
If your uterus ends up being septate, that is really super easy to fix! I wouldn't wish any anomalies on anyone, but of all the ones you could have...I'd hope its that one!!
Good luck getting your rainbow baby!
Boos Moo likes this.

We were going to have a baby, but we had an angel instead
Feb. 2013 at 8wks
November 27th, 2013, 07:00 AM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I've not had it myself, but I know women who have. Tissue removal really helps the success of pregnancies. And recently, a woman had twins, one in each uterus! Both were born safe and sound. In my experience, successful pregnancies occur when patients and doctors know about the condition. It's when they don't know that losses occur.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

November 27th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Stephanie, thank you for your story! It has encouraged me greatly. I am praying it is the septate...I want to be a Mommy so badly it hurts my heart. We lost our first pregnancy, and I'm not sure I could handle that again!

My fertility doc is putting me on BC to manipulate my cycle for surgery. I wish I had a fast forward button....

Thank you all so much for your words! This is so cool to me, that I can connect with other women who are either in the same boat as me, or have advice to give! I feel blessed.
StephanieMitchell likes this.
November 29th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Veteran
I have a friend who has two uteruses. I don't know the specifics. I just know that only one of them can carry a baby to term so if implantation occurs in the wrong one she miscarries. That said, she has two beautiful children.
January 2nd, 2014, 05:52 PM
Hello there,
I know it's a bit late.
But I just wanted to add that I also have a didelphys/septate uterus. My Obgyn calls it both names. I have 2 uteruses/2 cervixes.

I am happy to say that I have 3 beautiful children. I had one miscarriage, but I'm sure it had nothing to do with my uteruses and it just wasn't meant to be. All my children are healthy thank God and it didn't take long to get pregnant (6 months/4 months and an oopsy!!) LOL.

My pregnancy issues were not major and I'm not even sure if they relate to the condition, but I would get contractions starting from about 5 months, they would come every day and the more active I was the more they would come. They weren't painful but they did make me lose my breath sometimes. That's about it.

Good Luck!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search