High blood pressure and beta blocker

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 13th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Has anyone had any experience with being put on a beta blocker during pregnancy for high blood pressure? My normal blood pressure is 110/ 70 and when I got pregnant it jumped to 130/90 and my appt yesterday was 137/98..... I know it's for the best to take a beta blocker to get my blood pressure down but it makes me really nervous taking anything that will mess with my heart. Any one had experience with this medication and had good outcomes? Such as being able to avoid pre eclampsia while taking it? Any reply would be appreciated .. Thank you ps... I'm only 15 weeks along
December 14th, 2013, 05:47 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't, but from what I've read there are a lot of heart meds that are safe to take while pregnant. Wishing you lots of luck.

January 1st, 2014, 10:40 AM
Jonesyslady's Avatar Veteran
Hi! I was on lisinopril but since I found out im pregnant 5 days ago my doc switched me to labetalol... so far it has been making me shaky and my heart race a bit but my bp is slowly coming down from 180/80. It only got that high from being off meds for 2 days!!! grr. I understand your feelings on meds. I know im a nervous wreck worrying about my baby.

DECEMBER 27,2013 BFP!!! EDD 8/26/14 Changed to 9/4/14

May 23rd, 2014, 11:07 AM
Veteran
I was on Labetalol for my 1st pregnancy and I'm currently on it this time around. My blood pressure started creeping up there and my doctor felt it was time. It's honestly reduced my BP a great deal and my doctor seems content. I have to have more blood tests and ultrasounds while on it, but I'm okay with that. Whatever keeps the baby and myself healthy and happy, I'm good with.
July 10th, 2014, 06:14 PM
Super Mommy
My third trimester is when my blood pressure went haywire. I was starter on one med and upped in dosage until maxed. Then they added a second med. I ended up being hospitalized. I was eventually flown as an emergency to another hospital when my blood pressure spiked to it's worst and would not come down. They feared I would have a stroke or seizure. I was hooked up to a catheter and magnesium sulfate iv. That was the only thing that could bring my blood pressure down by the end of it. I ended up having severe pre eclampsia and help syndrome and delivering my baby at 32 weeks. Take the meds. It could save your life. Theres pregnancy safe meds. Good luck!

After 15 long years, our miracle is now here...
Xavier arrived 8 weeks early on February 9th, 2014
We are over the moon happy!!! <3

Follow me to my Blog at http://islandangel.blog.com

Tags
beta blocker , high blood pressure , high risk , pre eclampsia.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search