High Blood Pressure

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2005, 07:47 AM
meganwi77's Avatar Super Mommy
I have high blood pressure and am on medication for it. I was on medication before I got pregnant and it never bothered me, but now that I'm pregnant I get scared at times. Is there anyone else who is being treated for high blood pressure?

Meg

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

April 23rd, 2005, 07:56 AM
DavidandJaidonsmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have high BP, too. My doctor has me on methyldopa and I take it 4 times a day. I am scared of my baby having a side effect b/c of it. What do you take for it? I had high BP at the end of my pregnancy with David, at like 8 months so they just delivered him 2 weeks early...I wasnt on meds then.

Bree - Mom to David - 10 & Jaidon - 8
Baby#3:
Beta 4/25 @ 16dpo 622 4/29 @ 20dpo 2013
10wk hb 172

April 24th, 2005, 09:16 AM
I am on Labetalol, 200mg twice a day. My mom is a nurse and she checks it a couple times a week. I was on Hydrochlorothiazide before I got pregnant and they told me to stop taking it as soon as I found out I was pregnant.

My doctor told me that I may end up going on bedrest at some point during the last trimester and also told me that I would not go over my due date which is Oct. 20. She pretty much just told me that stuff to give me a heads up. It may turn out just fine.

I wonder if I will have high bp with following pregnancies. Do you just have high blood pressure while you are pregnant?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

April 24th, 2005, 09:48 AM
It seems my high BP is pregnancy induced, but I was overweight when I got pregnant this time and I think that has something to do with it. Living in the south I eat a lot of foods high in salt, too. But I have changed my eating habits and lost weight. My first doctors appointment I was 184 lbs and went down to like 165 and now weigh 172. the doctor said that will help and I am on partial bed rest, but my doctors appoinment is tomorrow and I think I will be on complete bed rest. how high is your blood pressure? and do you know why you have it?My doctor is worried that I will get preeclampsia and deliver early and they found protein in my urine. you should rest a lot and watch what you eat...my doctor says no frozen foods, foods from a box like hamburger helper, and definitely no fast foods. I make everything from scratch...there are a lot of great recipes here. but preeclampsia is nothing to play with and ppl with high blood pressure are at risk for it. where do you live and how old are you?

Baby#3:
10wk hb 172

April 24th, 2005, 11:02 AM
Swamp Lizard's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Swamp Lizard
I have HBP both during and before pregnancy. My doctor has had me on Methy;dopa during all 4 pregnancies. None of my kids have had any bad effects from it.
April 24th, 2005, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Swamp Lizard@Apr 24 2005, 12:02 PM
I have HBP both during and before pregnancy. My doctor has had me on Methy;dopa during all 4 pregnancies. None of my kids have had any bad effects from it.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

thats very reassuring...thanks...did you have your kids full term?

Baby#3:
10wk hb 172

April 24th, 2005, 07:18 PM
I am almost 6 weeks along with my first child... totally unplanned. I was on Diovan for chronic high blood pressure but stopped it as soon as I got a positive HPT because Diovan isn't safe for pregnancy. At my first OB/GYN appointment last week she put me on Aldomet (Methyldopa generic) 500 MG 3 times a day. It made my BP lower than it's ever been. My BP usually runs 140 over 90 even on meds but with this medicine it has been as low at 112 over 68. I have a followup appt on Tuesday. The only thing is I am EXTREMLY tired. Since I have not been preggers before I am not sure if it's from being preg or the Methyldopa. Did this medicine make you exhausted or is this just pregnancy symptoms? If it did, was it the entire pregnancy?
April 24th, 2005, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bella Italia@Apr 24 2005, 08:18 PM
I am almost 6 weeks along with my first child... totally unplanned. I was on Diovan for chronic high blood pressure but stopped it as soon as I got a positive HPT because Diovan isn't safe for pregnancy. At my first OB/GYN appointment last week she put me on Aldomet (Methyldopa generic) 500 MG 3 times a day. It made my BP lower than it's ever been. My BP usually runs 140 over 90 even on meds but with this medicine it has been as low at 112 over 68. I have a followup appt on Tuesday. The only thing is I am EXTREMLY tired. Since I have not been preggers before I am not sure if it's from being preg or the Methyldopa. Did this medicine make you exhausted or is this just pregnancy symptoms? If it did, was it the entire pregnancy?
[/quote]

I am 20 weeks preg and I am constantly exhausted too. I never asked if it was from the medicine tho b/c i just assumed it was from being preg. I wasnt tired like this with my son, but with my son I had no symptoms and with this pregnancy i have everything in the book. I take the same meds as you but 4 times a day and my BP is still 140 over 70.

Baby#3:
10wk hb 172

April 25th, 2005, 12:24 AM
Swamp Lizard's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Swamp Lizard
Quote:
Originally posted by brittanu+Apr 24 2005, 02:07 PM-->
Quote:
<!--QuoteBegin-Swamp Lizard
Quote:
@Apr 24 2005, 12:02 PM
thats very reassuring...thanks...did you have your kids full term?
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
[/b][/quote]
The first three were all full term. I will have to get back to you about #4. He is due in AUgust.
April 25th, 2005, 06:45 PM
HBP runs in my family and has been under control with the meds. Right now on the meds it is usually almost perfect at 125/80 or around there. It is not really right now that worries me, it is mainly in the next couple months. My doctor told me to try to walk every couple days for right now. I'm 27 and this is my first pregnancy. I live in Wisconsin so the weather is just now starting to get nice enough to go for walks.

I have been very tired too at times. There are nights that I can sleep for almost 12 hours.

I have been wondering something . . . what exactly does bedrest mean? Does it mean that you literally can't do anything except stay laying down?

It is reassuring to hear of somebody being able to go full-term with high blood pressure. Lately I keep hearing about moms having the baby early.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search