Mucus Plug or Excess Progesterone??? HELP!!

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 13th, 2014, 01:26 PM
Veteran
Okay, so last night, I was having a bowel movement. TMI I know. I'm sorry. It's about to get even worse. When I stood up, there was a blob of discharge in the toilet(I almost flushed it because it appeared to be toilet paper). I fished it out with a Q-tip and placed it on some toilet paper. To me it was the consistency of a thick snot. Right away I thought, oh my! It must be my mucus plug, but then I remembered, I missed my progesterone suppository Thursday night, so I took my missed dose around 12 p.m. Friday, and the pharmacist(since my OB had already left the office for the day) said to take my normal dose Friday night before bed as well. Progesterone is suppose to produce a mucus, but I haven't noticed any until last night. I figured maybe it was the excess progesterone that had come out? Anyway, I've talked to 3 RNs, and they all say if I'm not cramping or having backaches or anything else that would be a sign of preterm labor, not to panic and follow up with my OB tomorrow. I was just wondering if anyone has had anything like this happen to them? Is it regular mucus? Mucus plug? Excess progesterone? I'm going to call my OB in the morning, but until then, any feedback?
Baby #1 due to arrive mid-november

September 1st, 2014, 09:16 PM
How far along are you? I'm 8 weeks today, and a couple of weeks ago I noticed times when I would have a decent amount of mucus in my panties when I would go to the bathroom. Everything I've read says that this is normal at my stage, but without knowing how far you are I'm not sure if this helps you. Best wishes!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search