Preterm Labor?

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2005, 04:56 PM
Veteran
Hello everyone i'm not classified as high risk yet. Here is the problem sunday I started having contractions and felling really bad. Monday I call my doc and she had me to come in. She checked my cervix and it is already softened and thinning. The baby is already low. She put me on Procardia. Which hasn't helped at all. I've got to go back tomorrow and have preterm labor test. Has anyone else had this problem. I'm only 31 weeks and this is my 4th baby. I've never had any problems before all my children were full term. I'm still having the contractions and lots of pressure. Since Sunday the baby has been moving more than her ever has before. He moves constantly. I'm so confused about what is going on with this pregnancy.
Riley 6-13-01
Kyle 6-5-05
April 26th, 2005, 05:56 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to dawnw374
I had this problem with my second baby. Only I didn't know I was contracting. I just hadn't felt the baby move in a while. So my dr. brought me in, I was having regular contractions and had dilated. I was at 31 weeks. The sent me to the hospital. Start an Iv of Magnesium which makes you feel like crap. And then put me on Tributilene ( not sure on spelling). I was in the hospital for almost a week. Just to make sure I was no longer contracting. When I was released I was put on strict bedrest. I was only allowed out of bed for a total of 30 mins. a day. It was like this until I was 36 weeks. At 36 weeks they took me off the meds and bedrest. At 37 weeks my bp shot up so they induced me. My son was fine it was just miserable being on bed rest and the meds. Hope it goes well for you.. Good luck
dawn
April 26th, 2005, 07:43 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Well I have had preterm labor with two of my kids. My first was born full term at 39 weeks with no problems. With my second I had a lot of what I thought were Braxton Hicks cx. When I went in for my check up at 34 weeks I was 3 cm dilated. I was put on bed rest and had her at 36 weeks. With my third I had a lot of BH cx throughout the whole pregnancy. I woke up with bright red bleeding one morning. My placenta had abrupted. By the time I got to the hospital I was 5 cm. They put me on magnesium sulfate but could not stop my labor. I was 33 weeks with him.

I think the fact that you are not dilated yet is a good sign but I also think you could go into labor early. Even if you have had three full term babies. I have had several friends that have had preemies after having full term babies. So I would say stay on the procardia and call your doctor right away if you have cx. The further along you get the better. At 31 weeks your baby would probably only weight 2 to 3 lbs so you really need to be cautious.

(((hugs)) to you. I am sure you are really stressed.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
April 28th, 2005, 06:28 PM
Regular
I have the same problem...the procardia gave me horrible heart burn but didnt help with the contractions...your doctor will probably put you on bed rest to see if that helps. Otherwise you might have to stay in the hospital and be given magnesium by IV..it will make you feel as though you have a horrible flu..but It does help. If you have low blood pressure, regularly, I would refuse it, because I do and my blood pressure went down to a 70/33. I would just recommend taking it easy and not straining yourself in any way.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search