I Got PUPPP!

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 17th, 2006, 10:25 PM
Regular
I am so depressed nowadays b/c I was diagnosed with PUPPP (Pruritic Urticarial Papules and Plaques of Pregnancy) which is sooooooo itchy. It's all over my legs and arms and starting to show on my butt and a lil on my back. I am 14 weeks pregnant and usually this skin dilemma goes away only after delivery so I will still have a loooong way to deal with this with sleepless nights and bad moods. I feel so down. Right now, I'm still searching for the right remedy to ease the itchiness. Anybody who share my sentiment? OR maybe you know a remedy that really helps and is safe to the unborn baby inside me!?
October 18th, 2006, 11:34 AM
kristic0776's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to kristic0776
i'm sorry that you are going through this. I have never experienced this myself, but I wanted to say something. this board is really slow, it seems to me. not many people posting. I wish i had something to say, or some remedy for ya. Hang in there.

October 18th, 2006, 03:06 PM
Carlee
Im also sorry to hear that you have to go through this. I have never had this, but i know a friend of mine did during her pg. Did the doctor not give you anything to help it at all??
October 18th, 2006, 09:02 PM
Regular
Well my OB gave me something but it doesn't give me permanent relief. It will just give me an itch-free skin for almost 2 hrs then the itchiness comes back again, it's crazy! Thanks for your welcome guys. I think this forum might be too crowded for this issue but still hoping to meet people like me here. Glad you responded! Thanks
October 19th, 2006, 10:45 PM
I feel for you... my skin itches like crazy lately. Mostly my stomach, back and legs, but all over to some degree. I don't have a visible rash, but I find myself scratching to the point I draw blood. I'm not sure if it's the change in weather or something pregnancy related, but I'm going to ask at my next appointment.

I've heard that benadryl can take some of the edge off the itching and help you get some sleep. Maybe check with your doctor to see if it's safe. I'm sure just being able to sleep through the night would help immensely.

I hope you find relief soon. Good luck!
February 4th, 2007, 05:42 PM
I had this in my first pregnancy. It sucks!

My OB gave me a prescription cream and I also took a LOT of oatmeal baths. I got mine at 22 weeks, and yes, it made pregnancy feel a bit longer, but you will get through it, I promise!

My Angel in Heaven - Madison Kate 3/6/07
February 12th, 2007, 07:46 PM
m.and.a
I used a lotion called Sarena lotion, or something very similar. It's pricey, but it works. I have a sun photosensitivity that I didn't develop until I was pregnant. Unfortunately, it has not gone away.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search