Bleeding in second trimester

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 22nd, 2006, 12:21 PM
pjs
Hi. I'm new at this chat room thing so bare with me if I do things wrong...but I am desperately seeking advice or information from other moms-to-be. I am at week 15 with my 3rd pregnancy and started spotting two weeks ago. It has changed from pink to brown and this morning slightly red. Internet searches have given me some comfort as I'm finding more and more women who have experienced mid-trimester bleeding and had no pregnancy complications. How about anybody here? Please share any experiences with me as I'm finding little comfort from my ob and friends who've never experienced this before. Thanks. pjs
October 22nd, 2006, 02:17 PM
Mommyof3boys1girl's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommyof3boys1girl
Have you called your OB or L&D about it today? If you have and the OB won't listen then I highly suggest that you find a new one ASAP. Not to say that its a complication, but its just for your peace of mind to have that confirmed that the you and the baby are both ok. I never had bleeding with my first and only had a little bit of mild bleeding (1st trimester), but ended up delivering at 25 weeks. There was not a reason for my preterm labor (all pregnancies) and birth (#2) so sometimes I look back at the signs that I had early on and wonder.

Maybe call your OBs after hours number and if no response from him/her then go to the ER, they will at least maybe check your cervix and do a sonogram to make sure all is good.

Good Luck!

October 25th, 2006, 05:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was just diagnosed with placenta previa. It causes mild bleeding or spotting so that might be what you have. It doesn't threaten the life of your child or you in anyway so the good news is you and baby will be perfectly fine. My OB told me just to monitor and watch for bleeding and if it was a substantial amount to go to the hospital to get checked out. Hope this helps.
October 26th, 2006, 10:36 AM
Carlee
Im 21 weeks and have alot of bleeding. I am supposed to monitor the amount and the color and let the ob know what it is! Also if you arent getting any comfort or answers from your doctor you can always find a new one. You should always feel secure about the things the doctors are talking to you about.
October 26th, 2006, 01:37 PM
I too had bleeding which started at 14 weeks. I was very concerned especially since I am having twins. I went to the doctors that day and they diagnosed me with placenta previa. They said I still have a good chance of my placenta moving as the babies move up. I hope this helps a bit and hope things are going ok for you.
October 31st, 2006, 02:26 PM
Athey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Athey
I bled a little at 23 weeks and everyone made a BIG deal about it. Called my doc the day it happened and she said to go to the hospital. I was in there and they did a number of tests (including an fFN test to check for pre-term labor... which came back positive) and ended up keeping me for 3 days to make sure everything was ok. For the first two days I was apparently even having small contractions, but couldn't feel them...

I'd def at least call your doc about it.

I was told that brown blood is a huge worry, but if it's red then you should go to the hospital asap to get checked out.

December 19th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Hi, has a scan ruled out a low-lying placenta or any form of placenta previa? if not, your doctor should arrange for one as 2nd and 3rd trimestar bleeding usually signals this condition. I had it this time round but didn't have any bleeding so i delivered naturally. good luck

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search