Loss of Mucus Plug?

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2006, 05:18 PM
Regular
Hi ladies. I am new here to this site, just joined today. I am 34 weeks 3 days Pg with my second child (another boy). I am considered a high risk this time around because I had unexplained preterm breaking of the membranes at 31 1/2 weeks. I delivered my son at 31 weeks 5 days. He was in the NICU for almost 6 weeks. Anyway, since Wednesday night, I have been losing big chinks of my mucus plug but no blood at all and no contractions and no water breaking. I was hoping someone has had this happen. I would love to know if someone delivered soon after or awhile after. I am hoping to make it til at least 36 weeks of course. Any input is appreciated. Thanks so much!

DS Jacob 2
Expecting baby boy #2 December 26
November 18th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Super Mommy
This has been happening to me since 28 wks. I'm 33 wks now and I'm in preterm labor. I haven't noticed any blood and the doc told me not to worry unless I did or if my contrax started coming and I couldn't stop them with the meds.

url=http://www.baby-gaga.com/]
November 19th, 2006, 10:40 AM
Regular
Quote:
This has been happening to me since 28 wks. I'm 33 wks now and I'm in preterm labor. I haven't noticed any blood and the doc told me not to worry unless I did or if my contrax started coming and I couldn't stop them with the meds.[/b]

Shay, thanks so much for replying. I did finally have a tiny thread like trace of blood yesterday but only once and nothing else so I am gonna hold on til my Tuesday appt to tell my doc. I sure hope everything works out good for you. To go from 28 weeks to 33 is awesome, I hope you hold of til at least 35. Keep in touch, hopefully we both hold off for a couple more weeks!

DS Jacob 2
November 19th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Super Mommy
Keep a close eye on that. I see your due Dec 26th so you should be okay if anything does progress. Even if you lose your plug doesn't mean that labor will start, unless your ready. I go off my meds at 35 wks and then we get to go YAY.

url=http://www.baby-gaga.com/]
November 19th, 2006, 05:34 PM
Regular
Quote:
Keep a close eye on that. I see your due Dec 26th so you should be okay if anything does progress. Even if you lose your plug doesn't mean that labor will start, unless your ready. I go off my meds at 35 wks and then we get to go YAY.[/b]

That's great! I hope you get to come off your meds and relax a bit. I will definately keep an eye on it. I feel good that I haven't seen any blood since.

DS Jacob 2
December 19th, 2006, 05:40 PM
on my first 2 babies, i lost my mucous plug at exactly 38 wks, the same day I went into labour. this time round though i started losing it at 33 wks and my waters started leaking then, but i didn't deliver til 39wks 2 days

December 19th, 2006, 08:05 PM
Regular
Well I ended up having a lot more bloody show on December 4th, which happened to be the day of my weekly OB appt and I ended up delivering that night at 10:11 PM.

Shay, how ar you doing?

DS Jacob 2

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search