Not sure what to think?

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2006, 06:29 AM
Eeyore777's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My blood pressure is still a borderline 140/88
The dr is having me come in every week for a BP check and sonogram to check the baby.
He said a wheelchair might help with my BP...I am not real sure what to think.... It is easier said then done to use a wheelchair (now I know how my mom feels, who uses one... man it takes away a lot of pride to use it).

He told me to start thinking about work! Oh 8 weeks on bedrest doesn't sound like fun to me!!!! I like to work!
Does this mean I will not make it to 39 weeks? Does it mean I have preclasma (sp?)?

I am really depressed and sad. My husband is so great trying to cheer me up... It is just not working.

December 4th, 2006, 12:29 PM
anissa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to anissa Send a message via MSN to anissa
You will be fine with bed rest. I am somebody who does not like to sit still. I was put on bedrest at just about 25 weeks. It was hard but I got though it.
Gavin Thomas 06/01/06
Emma Grace Born Sleeping 8/4/05 22 Weeks
Some people only dream of holding an Angel I actually held one!
Angel Baby 8/14/02
Angel Baby 12/28/04

December 19th, 2006, 04:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
hey there

I browse this board sometimes, but dont really reply as I am done with my high risk pregnancy. I was on bedrest for 11 weeks and then at 34weeks preggo I resumed some normal activities but still took it very easy until 36 weeks. Anyways, bedrest sucks. I will not lie, however it does go by really fast espeically with appointments etc. Luckily you are in the home stretch and you wont have to be on bedrest long.
January 1st, 2007, 12:46 AM
Regular
Quote:
My blood pressure is still a borderline 140/88
The dr is having me come in every week for a BP check and sonogram to check the baby.
He said a wheelchair might help with my BP...I am not real sure what to think.... It is easier said then done to use a wheelchair (now I know how my mom feels, who uses one... man it takes away a lot of pride to use it).

He told me to start thinking about work! Oh 8 weeks on bedrest doesn't sound like fun to me!!!! I like to work!
Does this mean I will not make it to 39 weeks? Does it mean I have preclasma (sp?)?

I am really depressed and sad. My husband is so great trying to cheer me up... It is just not working.[/b]
my blood pressure's up, too - my doctor doesn't consider 140/88 borderline, either - if it hits that one more time, he's going to hospitalise me until feb 22nd. i've been on bed rest since week 19 and i'm 28-1/2 weeks now. it's horrible! i can get up and walk if i walk slowly and rest frequently (like i have a choice!) but no lifting anything heavier than my purse and no putting anything more in it, of course no work, no sex (not a problem - my bf is totally turned off by the thought of the baby "watching" him - duh), and so on.

pre-eclampsia means, basically, that your kidneys are failing. if that happens, the baby will be delivered pretty much right away regardless of how far along you are, since that's the only way to cure the condition. high blood pressure is the first sign but i don't think yours is high enough for that yet. signs of pre-eclampsia include: high blood pressure, protein in the urine, sudden and inexplicable weight gain (ie, you've gained way more weight than the food you've eaten would allow), and bad swelling of face, hands, upper body, and ankles.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search