Placenta previa

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 19th, 2006, 11:27 AM
I gave birth 8wks ago but I had a high risk pregnancy. I was told at a scan at 19 wks that my placenta was low-lying. I had another scan at 35 wks and the placenta was still low but they couldn’t see how low as the baby’s head was casting a shadow over the internal os, making it difficult for them to tell whether it was marginal, partial or complete previa. They told me to go back at 38 wks for another scan. I had had no bleeding whatsoever so that was always a relief and I didn’t avoid sexual intercourse or anything else they told me to.
At my next scan at 38 wks the doctors still couldn’t see the internal os and the baby had dropped down a bit too, making things more difficult. They said they thought that the placenta wasn’t completely covering the internal os as the baby seemed quite low and it hadn’t caused any bleeding. After a while another doctor took a look at the scan and they were thinking about booking me in for a c-section, but they decided they would let me go into labour naturally, and as long as no bleeding occurred, I could have a natural delivery.
At 39 wks I gave birth naturally with no complications My question is:
Will placenta previa reoccur in future pregnancies now that I have had it once?

Thanks to anyone who can help!

December 19th, 2006, 07:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
When i had this with my son i remember my ob telling me that just cause i had it does not mean it will come back... I wouldnt think it would come back

</div>

</div>
January 1st, 2007, 12:27 AM
Regular
Quote:
When i had this with my son i remember my ob telling me that just cause i had it does not mean it will come back... I wouldnt think it would come back[/b]
odd - i was told the exact opposite and that's been my experience as well. i had placenta praevia totalis with my first daughter, low-lying with my second daughter that grew up out of the way, and this one is low-lying and anterior, to boot. i should mention that of the pregnancies in between (my daughters were no's 9 & 11 and this one's #14), a number of them were also low-lying.

it depends on what causes the baby to attach low to start. if it was a matter of a late conception, that's one thing and is not very likely to repeat. in my case, i have many fibroids and scars from previous miscarriages and a couple of abortions that limit the spots the placenta can settle itself.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search