its bedrest 4 me

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 20th, 2006, 10:56 AM
mamafox2's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via ICQ to mamafox2 Send a message via Yahoo to mamafox2
Iwas in L&D last tues and friday for my bp. friday they told me im on strickt bedrest. no standing unless omw to the bathroom.
Its hard to follow these rules cause i have a very active daughter who is gonna be 2 years when this baby is born. i have no one to care for her but my self.

they put me on meds monday even tho sofar they have done nothing but make me feel ill the past few days and they have me going in for a bp check every week.
on top ov this all my plusenta is about 2-3 inces from my cervex and the DR told me not to worrie about it. i find that odd cause i am 28 weeks along. so im stressin about that cause if i got a c-section i have no one to care for my daughter while im in pain. (i dont take pain very well) i go in for another u/s tomorrow night.

im just glade hubby moved my computer next to the bed so i can lay down and play my games. and post on JM. go to the dr again today for lab results and b/p check

Laura Lynne 3-05-05

Athena Rose 2-13-07

Alice May 10-08-08
December 24th, 2006, 05:25 PM
MaxsMama's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Iwas in L&D last tues and friday for my bp. friday they told me im on strickt bedrest. no standing unless omw to the bathroom.
Its hard to follow these rules cause i have a very active daughter who is gonna be 2 years when this baby is born. i have no one to care for her but my self.

they put me on meds monday even tho sofar they have done nothing but make me feel ill the past few days and they have me going in for a bp check every week.
on top ov this all my plusenta is about 2-3 inces from my cervex and the DR told me not to worrie about it. i find that odd cause i am 28 weeks along. so im stressin about that cause if i got a c-section i have no one to care for my daughter while im in pain. (i dont take pain very well) i go in for another u/s tomorrow night.

im just glade hubby moved my computer next to the bed so i can lay down and play my games. and post on JM. go to the dr again today for lab results and b/p check[/b]

Are you on bedrest because of your BP? How high has it been? I can relate. I am not on strict bedrest OR bedrest at all. but they took me off work for the duration of the pregnancy because my blood pressure seemed to skyrocket when i was at work or had to work. it has been in check since ive been off...for about 2 weeks ~well on wednesday it will be 2 weeks~.

It really sucks that the only time you can get up is to go to the bathroom. Who cooks for you during the day? I am sure your hubby works so he isnt around much to help. What about your mom or mil? Could they come and sit with you during the day? I know i have a MIL that just retired. she would love to do something like that.

Don't worry about your placenta. It sounds to me like your doc is not worried about it. So, don't worry about it. I know....easier said than done. But, still. The worry is just going to make your bp rise.

What meds do they have you on for your bp? I am on methyldopa? It's the generic form of aldomet. Talk to your doc about switching meds. tell them how you are feeling on the meds you are on right now. They could switch u.

I wish you all the best. We are in the same boat....well kinda. So, if you would ever like to chat...send me a pm..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search