cerclage

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 21st, 2006, 08:01 AM
trivos's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well i have been lurking for a couple of weeks now. I am due June 25th, so that make me 13 weeks. I am 29 and have 2 girls one is 11 and the other is 9. I lost my first one in 94 due to an incompetent cervix. With my other two they performed a cerclage where they sew the cervix shut. Anyways they put the cerclage in on Monday. The doctor who was doing the epidural must not have known what he was doing and it took him 7 attempts of sticking it into my spine and pulling it back out because it wasn't in the right place. After the 6th time he asked me if I just wanted to take a nap. The idea of being knocked out just freaked me out and I asked him to try one more time and I just prayed. He managed to get it in that time. Needless to say I can barely move because my back is so sore and bruised. Well, thanks for listening. I wish you all the easiest and healthiest pregnancies possible.

Trisha
December 22nd, 2006, 02:48 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to slatham
Hi Trisha,

I had an emergency cerclage placed on November 27th - I was 23 weeks, had been on bed rest for almost 7 weeks at that point. The morning of the 27th I went in for 2 ultrasounds; one to see if a boy or a girl (it's a girl!!) and the other for cervical measurement. Three weeks prior I had measured 2.62 cm which is more than I measured before going on bed rest...on the 27th I measured below 1cm and immediately headed off to surgery.

I had almost as much trouble as you did with your spinal...took 3 tries. After the 2nd try I kept feeling this sharp weird pain in the left side of my butt and told the doctor and they gave me another numbing shot. 3rd time was the charm and surgery went well...however, I spent the night in the hospital and after I got feeling back in my legs the only thing that hurt me was my back (I had a bruise the size of my fist) and that spot on my butt that hurt me before the spinal was complete. That spot still hurts me sometimes...I'm not sure if it's because of the spinal or if it's coincidence of the horrible hip pain radiating over to that spot. I'm still on bed rest so I can't be sure if it's just how I sit or lay...I just know it hurts and it is frustrating.

So far this is the only problem with my pregnancy. I feel great, weight gain has been minimal, haven't been sick, still able to fit into my regular clothes (ha), just stuck indoors with bathroom and shower priveledges only. Hasn't really been bad at all.

I hope all goes well with you and sure hope you start to feel better from the cerclage.
December 22nd, 2006, 01:02 PM
trivos's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad to hear that everything is going okay. It seems like doctors have made a lot of progress in the last 12 years of catching an incompetent cervix before it's too late. When I lost my daughter they told me the only way to know if someone has an IC is by losing a baby first. I have already had 2 cerclages and every time I had a pretty normal pregnancy. I hope you have a very uneventful pregnancy and I don't mean uneventful because your on bed rest either.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search