Lovenox Injections

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2007, 12:44 PM
tonysgirl's Avatar Veteran
Is anyone else around here having to take them? I have a protien S deficiency and developed a blood clot in my lung in 2005. I am at high risk of developing another one and really nervous. Not to mention I HATE needles and I have to keep telling myself it is worth it.

On Lovenox injections because of Protien S Deficiency </div>
January 7th, 2007, 01:02 PM
Super Mommy
yes i took them with last pregnancy and will have to take them again with this one. a huge piece of advice numb the area with an ice cube for about 4 min. i took mine in my stomach and the ice helped tremendously.

~Tracy~

January 7th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Thank you for the advice! Someone else told me that there is a topical cream to numb the area, but the doctor had to prescribe it. I am going to try the ice tonight. My dh gives me the shots because I am a wuss lol.

January 7th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Super Mommy
the ice worked for me, b/c i had used it once w/o it and i will never do that again! you kind of dread putting the ice on your stomach at first, but then it numbs up all nice. i don't know how the numbing cream would work, would it also numb below the skin as well. if it doesn't numb below the skin too i wouldn't waste my money. let me know how you did with the ice.

~Tracy~

January 13th, 2007, 04:04 PM
LouLouMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies. I am currently on the Lovenox shots. I usually do them in my stomach. Some times it hurts and other times it doesn't. The thing that bothers me the most is the burning sensation a few seconds after the injection. That, I use ice for. I never thought I could do it either. I pass out from IV's But for some reason, it hurts more for anyone else to do it so I just do it myself. The cream is called "Emla" and as far as I know, by prescription only. A friend of mine is a peds nurse and they use Emla before vaccinations, to numb the skin.

Angel~9/12/05~with us for 5 weeks</span></span></span>
January 13th, 2007, 07:23 PM
The ice doesn't seem to be working for me. I can deal with the burning right now. It is the herapin injections I am worried about. The doctor plans on switching me over to those as I get closer to 35 weeks. The needles are bigger and I was told it hurts more. I will prolly request that cream then.

January 14th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Super Mommy
i thought i heard the heparin wasn't as bad, the sting wasn't there.
i guess i mean the burning. i have started mine up again this past week, i guess i am super grateful then the ice works great for me. i still get a little bit of the sting every now and then but i can't handle it w/o the ice. i still feel burning 15 min later w/o it.
i have awful black and blue marks on my stomach. anyone have advice on how not to get them?

~Tracy~

January 14th, 2007, 05:28 PM
LouLouMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
i thought i heard the heparin wasn't as bad, the sting wasn't there.
i guess i mean the burning. i have started mine up again this past week, i guess i am super grateful then the ice works great for me. i still get a little bit of the sting every now and then but i can't handle it w/o the ice. i still feel burning 15 min later w/o it.
i have awful black and blue marks on my stomach. anyone have advice on how not to get them?[/b]

I get the black and blue marks too. I just alternate sides The sheet that came with my injections also shows that I can do them in my thigh...eek! I have an apt with my endo on Tuesday so I'm going to ask then, about where else I can do them, besides my tummy. I can't imagine trying to pinch my skin like that when I'm huge!

Angel~9/12/05~with us for 5 weeks</span></span></span>
January 17th, 2007, 08:47 PM
My dh refuses to do the shots in the tummy. He is nervous he might hurt one of the babies. I am doing them in my hips and alternate sides. Though it hurts worse on my left side than the right for some reason. I am running out of room, with all the black and blue. So I might have to move to inner thigh soon. Its hard because you cant inject it into a vein or muscle so that leaves front thigh out for me. I am fluffy EVERYWHERE but my dang ole legs.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search