Bleeding

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2007, 02:52 PM
I found out I was pregnant 3 days ago. Yesterday i started spotting when I went to the bathroom mostly just pinkish brown blood but at one point it was dark red with a couple small blood clots, no cramping or pain, besides the normal twinges and tugs you feel when your pregnant. I went to the doctor and they did an ultrasound and said they couldnt see anything proably because it was still to early and that the lining in my uterus was still thick like it should be if I were pregnant. So they took some blood to check my HCG level and they called me today and told me that it was consistant to where it should be but they took another sample from me today to see if the HCG level is rising. Im just about 5 weeks pregnant and I read that implantation bleeding takes place before or during the time you would normally start your period. Im spotting after I would normally have started and Im really worried that I have or am going to miscarry. i am still spotting today. The doctor doesnt really have any answers for me and I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else and how did it turn out. For anyone who has had implantation bleeding if this is what it is how long does it normally last?

April 5th, 2007, 07:53 AM
Lydata's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Lydata
This never happened to me, but will thinking about you and hope things are alright.
<div align="center"></div>
<div align="center"></div>
<div align="center">Madeline410 (JM board)</div>
April 8th, 2007, 05:33 PM
kkhadivar
the same thing happened to me. i actually had spotting and light bleeding throughout my 1st trimester and part of my second. they never could find any problems. my hcg levels were fine and then the baby always looked good in the internal ultrasounds.

even with the bleeding, i did well up until week 24 when i started to go into preterm labor. they found a shortened cervix, a very small placental abruption and a blood clot. they thought maybe the bleeding was from the clot but couldn't be sure. sometimes they just don't know why some people have bleeding, but they said it's very common. i have not had any more bleeding in my 3rd trimester.

i've been on bedrest since week 24 but it has nothing to do with the clot or bleeding...it's b/c of the shortened cervix and contractions. although bedrest is hard, i've actually been able to lengthen my cervix. i'm now at 33 weeks - yay!

just hang in there! and if you're one of the lucky ones that continues to have bleeding here and there, just remember that a lot of people experience it and then go on to have normal pregnancies and happy little babies!
April 11th, 2007, 03:31 AM
Im starting to wonder if I had a miscarriage. About 4 days ago I had some heavier bleeding for about 30 mins and later that night when I went to the bathroom a piece of tissue dropped into the toilet(sorry for TMI). Then the bleeding went back to spotting and stopped by that morning and I havent bled since. I was on vacation and have to call my doctor today, I didnt got to the doctor because when i went last week because of th bleeding they said it was to early to tell and we will just have to wait until my ultrasound. I had some heavy bleeding for about 45 minutes when I was pregnant with my son and they called it a threatened abortion but it was nothing like this. Does that sound like it could be a miscarriage? How long after a miscarriage will all your symptoms go away and how long will the hormone leave you system. I took a preganancy test last night and it was VERY POSITIVE, it turned positive in about a second. Any input would be helpful. Thanks

April 19th, 2007, 02:18 PM
cj73
hi...i'm new to this forum, and it's been really helpful reading what other ladies are going through.
i did a blood test and found out yesterday that i am pregnant (yay!).
the thing that's worrying me is that i've been bleeding for the past couple of weeks, nothing too heavy, but usually when i go to the bathroom. there's occassional blood clot, but i don't have feel any abdominal pain or any other symptoms.
anyhow, i'm not sure if it's just implantation bleeding (how long does it normally last?) or if it's something worse.

an ultrasound won't help me at this present time b/c it's way too early.

your thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search